Fw: Let’s Discuss Education Priorities in Ward 7

Tiffany L Brown

Apr 4, 2024, 8:00:33 AMApr 4

INFORMATION SHARING

Dear Neighbor,

I grew up and learned everything I know in Ward 7, and today, I'm proudly raising my own family in this community. From my own experiences, I wholeheartedly believe that education is more than just an investment—it's the heartbeat of our future. I'm dedicated to making sure every family in Ward 7 has access to top-notch neighborhood schools that cater to their individual needs and provide our children with the foundation they need to flourish.

Post-pandemic trends, such as declining reading levels for Black and Hispanic students, highlight the urgency of investing time and resources to address this disparity. While supplemental funding like ESSER has provided some support, the funding is scheduled to end in September 2024, and our students need additional resources to bridge the academic gap. Our students are suffering. The longer we postpone the adoption of effective educational strategies, the more we risk lasting negative impacts on their futures.

Ward 7 needs bold and visionary leadership to fight for legislation to secure school resources, fund modernization projects, and encourage lifelong learning. I'm ready to fight for fair access to resources and opportunities for our students, their families, and the teachers and staff who support them. That's why I wrote the Ward 7 Recovery Plan.

As your next Ward 7 Councilmember, I am committed to:

  • Collaborative solutions: I will establish a Ward 7 Educators Council to foster collaboration between principals, teachers, and other educational experts who can share ideas and find ways to help our students succeed.

  • Securing school resources and encouraging lifelong learning: I am committed to fighting for new legislation for how our schools are funded to better protect resources over time. I’ll fight to secure funding for programs that dissuade the youth from skipping school, and for modernizing school buildings, too.

  • Expanding learning opportunities: I’ll fight to reinstate a home economics curriculum and apprenticeship opportunities that empower students with a wide range of skills and different ways to succeed in the future.

Our kids deserve all the support we can give. Together, we can make a big difference for our young people in Ward 7.

Sincerely,

Consider supporting the campaign by donating today!

As a Fair Elections candidate, when a local resident donates $1-$50 the District of Columbia will match it 5:1.

Facebook icon Instagram icon Twitter icon
Logo

Tiffany L. Brown

“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” - James Baldwin