Audubon Christmas Bird Count

DeLynn Hearn

Dec 17, 2015, 1:12:58 AM12/17/15
to Neighborhood Association
The annual Christmas Bird Count (CBC) is on Saturday, December 19th. It's the coolest birding of the year!

My section of the count circle includes Park Hill west of JFK. Last year I got birds in the neighborhood that we didn't get on Camp Robinson. So, my request is this: If you see an, ahem, late middle-aged woman driving by your house in a white Prius (with woodpecker plates), looking around with binoculars, please don't call the police. It's legit.

The CBC has been a yearly snapshot of bird occurrences in the same count circle in central Arkansas since the1950s. The data that is collected is a valuable citizen science resource for long term indicators of prevalence of species in the area.

Thanks for indulging me.

DeLynn Hearn
Independent Consultant
317 West K Ave.