Carnahan buys another Park Hill property

Bennie Nicolo

Nov 20, 2015, 8:23:20 AM11/20/15
to park...@googlegroups.com

Park Hill Project

A 36-unit apartment project in North Little Rock sold for $2.2 million. Callahan Properties LLC, led by Robert Callahan Jr. and his wife, Patricia, acquired Park Hill Apartments at 710 M Ave.

The deal included 16 units on Rimrock Place. The seller is Rimrock LLC, led by William Corker.

The deal is backed with a $1.9 million loan from River Town Bank of Dardanelle and a 20-year mortgage of $600,000 carried by Rimrock. The combined 3.78-acre development was assembled in six deals totaling $899,500. The sellers were the namesake revocable trusts of Marvin and Ruby Barrett, $100,000 in June 2001; Barbara Biedenharn, $220,000 in June 1995; BRW Real Estate Operating Co. of Dallas, $253,000 in July 1994; William and Suzanne Gahm, $145,000 in December 1993; Vivian and Ray Hamilton, $85,500 in January 1993; and Real Estate Central Development Corp., led by Robert Mitcham, $96,000 in March 1983.

Carole Vestal

Nov 20, 2015, 8:32:38 AM11/20/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
There goes the hood.

Sent from my iPhone
--
'like' our page at https://www.facebook.com/HistoricParkHill
---

Sherry Bruno

Nov 20, 2015, 9:38:17 AM11/20/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
Wonder if he will keep them up like the house next door to me?

Sent from my iPad

Sherry Bruno
=^..^=

Bennie Nicolo

Nov 20, 2015, 9:41:49 AM11/20/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
This is the one had to send the yard parking ordinance.

Sherry Bruno

Nov 20, 2015, 5:14:11 PM11/20/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
You know I was being sarcastic

Sent from my iPad

Sherry Bruno
=^..^=

Northshore1

Nov 22, 2015, 10:32:32 AM11/22/15
to ParkHill

Callahan rented to a young couple next to me. Had to call the police three times during their 1 year stay due the loud drum playing and music. Renters partied until early morning hours on a regular basis. Callahan needs to provider their renters with the NLR ordinance on noise and highlight the part that states the noise has to stop after 9PM. Will not put up with it again.

Nicolo, Bennie

Nov 23, 2015, 8:02:45 AM11/23/15
to park...@googlegroups.com

He got nasty with me when I called his office about his renters after the ordinance passed….said there was no such ordinance…so I sent him a copy and called him again…hung up

Bennie Nicolo

Nov 23, 2015, 8:12:27 AM11/23/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
It was my recollection that there was an ordinance passed years back after all the meth lab problems that said renters were supposed to be vetted for criminal issues and other known problems.

A responsible landlord would not contribute to his properties being trashed or renting to nuisances.  Why would an intelligent person want to help run down the neighborhood with trashy people with homeowners having to call Codes to get the lawns done?  Seems like ruining any investment unless they are looking for a tax break on loss.

Sherry Bruno

Nov 23, 2015, 5:08:38 PM11/23/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
We concluded that when the renters requested a repair he sent someone to take photos but never fixed anything. The owners thought it was being taken care of

Sent from my iPad

Sherry Bruno
=^..^=

Nicolo, Bennie

Nov 24, 2015, 8:19:00 AM11/24/15
to park...@googlegroups.com

Yes, there’s that too.  The perfect storm of lousy.

Nov 24, 2015, 9:52:04 AM11/24/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
As a responsible landlord, I can't tell you how much this aggravates me.  We only have a few rental houses and they are very nice.  I only rent to very nice people and, as a result, have mostly only had long term tenants.  My lease agreement is probably one of the most detailed and restrictive you will ever run across.  Anything you can think of that would make somebody a 'bad neighbor' is prohibited in my lease.  I check everything that can possibly be checked out on somebody and I certainly don't rent to the first person that shows up with money in hand.  In 15 years, I have only ended up with one "bad" tenant.  When I say bad, I mean he didn't want to pay rent on time.  I got rid of him in 10 days and rented the house to a very nice couple.

What I am trying to say is there are plenty of nice, good quality people out there in the rental market.  It really isn't that hard to get them, but one of the biggest factors is having a quality property.  I am appalled when I look at my house competition.  This summer I rented a beautiful home in Levy to a family that had looked all over Lakewood and Park Hill and could find nothing in their price range that they would even be willing to hang their clothes in. The lady told me the places were dirty and disgusting and specifically mentioned the Callahan properties.   I definitely think they attract what they are willing to settle for.

Carole Vestal

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Northshore1 <wind...@gmail.com> wrote:
Callahan rented to a young couple next to me. Had to call the police three times during their 1 year stay due the loud drum playing and music. Renters partied until early morning hours on a regular basis. Callahan needs to provider their renters with the NLR ordinance on noise and highlight the part that states the noise has to stop after 9PM. Will not put up with it again.

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 7:32:38 AM UTC-6, Carole wrote:
There goes the hood.

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

Nicolo, Bennie

Nov 24, 2015, 9:54:35 AM11/24/15
to park...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, that’s a comfort.

Nov 24, 2015, 11:31:06 AM11/24/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
Carol are you interested in the house next door to me? Owners want to sell. They live in another state and I really want som good neighbors as does Bennie. I have their number.

Sent from my iPad

Sherry Bruno
=^..^=

Bruce Holsted

Nov 25, 2015, 6:55:54 AM11/25/15
to ParkHill

I'll dive in on this one.  I rented from the Callahans for a short while 15 years ago while temporarily out of my house.  They were good to me, and when I called with issues they showed up and repaired.  They are caught in the middle between landlord and renter lots of times, but all in all, they did me right.

Regards to all.

BH

EDDY VESTAL

Nov 25, 2015, 9:07:08 AM11/25/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
It's good to hear they took care of someone.  From the stories I have heard over the years, I think you were definitely the exception.  From my understanding, most of the problems that people have with them is living next to their properties.  I don't think they vet their renters properly at all.

Carole

--
'like' our page at https://www.facebook.com/HistoricParkHill
---

Sherry Bruno

Nov 25, 2015, 9:55:29 AM11/25/15
to park...@googlegroups.com
In my neighbor house case that did not happen I'm very sad to say. A friend of mine had the experience as you did. She rented her house using them and was very happy with their service.

Sent from my iPad

Sherry Bruno
=^..^=