Patch for lintian warnings in Debian build files

Thomas Dreibholz

Feb 4, 2014, 12:03:33 PM2/4/14
to paris-tr...@googlegroups.com, Forough Golkar
Hi,

lintian reports some warnings when building Ubuntu packages with the current
paris-traceroute sources. The attached patch fixes these issues. I also added a
post-install to properly set the capabilities.

Is there a reason why the version is 0.1? The old, C++-based traceroute
package in Ubuntu is 0.92. It would make sense to use e.g. a 1.x-version for
the new package, in order to let it replace the out of date version.

A Debian watch file is still missing. If there is a possibility to find up-to-
date tarballs, such a file could also be added. This would fix the remaining
lintian warning. (Of course, a watch file is not necessary to build the
package. It is just optional.)

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

Thomas Dreibholz

Simula Research Laboratory
Simula Innovation AS, Network Systems Group
Visiting address: Martin Linges vei 17, 1364 Fornebu, Norway
Mailing address: P.O.Box 134, 1325 Lysaker, Norway
E-Mail: dre...@simula.no
Homepage: http://simula.no/people/dreibh
ptr-debian-fixes.patch
signature.asc

Marc-Olivier Buob

Feb 10, 2014, 8:08:34 AM2/10/14
to paris-tr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,

I discussed with Jordan and we're ok to add the dependancy to libcap2 needed
for the postinst script you proposed.

I've pushed your patch in the master branch, but I've let "Section: net" for
the paris-traceroute package (see debian/control).

Thank you for your contribution,
Best regards,
Marc-Olivier