running codes correctly

Sadegh Dalfardi

Nov 28, 2021, 9:12:43 AM11/28/21
to ParFlow
Hello every one
I hope i dont annoy anyone for asking my questions here because this group is just my hope to help i can afford and progress my way.
I have made my files (indicator and Ascii dem) as input for producing pfb indicator file and also slopes and now when i input them in fortran codes like pfb_write.f90 and pf_solid_file_create.f90 (if i want make my solid file based my ascii dem) and  slopes/fillsinks1_mavg.f90, and then they didnt run and end up in some errors. I guess maybe the version is not match. Is there any help or guide? maybe there are another codes or ways or at least an advise make my problem fix. I dont want to avoid trying but i know is most important to get exprienced people,s advises.
For instance one error that i faced islike bellow:
sadegh@DESKTOP-2UT73BN:~/pfdir/parflow/pftools/prepostproc$ gfortran pfb_read.f90
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/Scrt1.o: in function `_start':
(.text+0x24): undefined reference to `main'

sadegh@DESKTOP-2UT73BN:~/pfdir/parflow/pftools/prepostproc$ gfortran pfb_read.f90
pfb_read.f90:14:11:

   14 |   read(100) 0 !X
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:15:11:

   15 |   read(100) 0 !Y
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:16:11:

   16 |   read(100) 0 !Z
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:18:11:

   18 |   read(100) 70 !NX
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:19:11:

   19 |   read(100) 60 !NY
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:20:11:

   20 |   read(100) 3 !NZ
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:22:11:

   22 |   read(100) 1000 !DX
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:23:11:

   23 |   read(100) 1000 !DY
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:24:11:

   24 |   read(100) 50 !DZ
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)
pfb_read.f90:26:11:

   26 |   read(100) 1 !num_subgrids
      |           1
Error: Expecting variable in READ statement at (1)

Chen Yang

Nov 28, 2021, 10:08:19 AM11/28/21
to Sadegh Dalfardi, ParFlow

Hi Sadegh,

For slope files, please refer to https://github.com/lecondon/PriorityFlow

For solid file, please refer to https://grapp1parflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/solid_files.html

Also GMS can help generate solid file, but you still need to edit a little bit based on the format of solid file.

For indicator file, I think there is no need to use extra tools.

Hope this helps,

Chen

--

Chen Yang, Ph.D.

Associate Research Scholar

Princeton University

Sadegh Dalfardi

Nov 28, 2021, 10:33:19 AM11/28/21
to ParFlow
Dear  Chen Yang
Thank you so much for amswering. yes i know find them as python and R packages and give it a try to do it by that guides. But i didnt catch you mean about indicator file, you mean i should try use that fortran code? really i want to make my geometry based on box and indicator, and made my geometry indicator as an 3-D matrix in matlab and now i need to convert it to Pfb format as input and define it in my script.

Chen Yang

Nov 28, 2021, 11:07:54 AM11/28/21
to Sadegh Dalfardi, ParFlow
Hi Sadegh,
I mean after you get the indicators in your GIS, just save them as a pfb file is fine.
Thanks,
Chen

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2021, at 10:33 AM, Sadegh Dalfardi <dalfa...@gmail.com> wrote: