Presenting the petition

Steve Piazza

May 15, 2009, 8:18:57 PM5/15/09
to Parents for Quality Math Education
Some of you have been asking me how and when we'll present the
petition to the Board. I've just heard from Rick Madore on this and I
will present the Board with paper copies of the petition at the
beginning of the public discussion period at the meeting on Monday
night. I will print whatever we have at 5:00 pm on Monday - we're
currently at 670, but wouldn't it be great to get to 700?

(Actually we're closer to 660, when you subtract out the "line voided"
places where I deleted prank signatures and mistaken double entries.)

I think the plan is to leave the petition open during the 30-day
public evaluation period of Investigations, if it gets that far.

Thanks to everyone who put their name to the petition. We can't say
that it has led to a change in the math curriculum (yet), but there is
no doubt that it's already had an effect on how some on the Board have
regarded this issue.

Steve

Wen

May 15, 2009, 8:22:56 PM5/15/09
to Parents for Quality Math Education
Steve,

I noticed that there are double names on many lines.
Shouldn't those count as two signatures each?

Wen

Steve Piazza

May 15, 2009, 8:54:40 PM5/15/09
to Parents for Quality Math Education
Wen,
Yes, I was planning to do that - I think there are 3 or 4 of those.

Thanks,
Steve