DC Indie Movie Nights Presents: The Garden and Talk Back on Food Workers Rights

jeremiah lowery

Jul 24, 2012, 4:54:01 PM7/24/12
to parents-for-bett...@googlegroups.com
    When: July, 31st, 2012 7:00pm.

    Where: Bloombars, 3222 11th St NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20010

    What: The Garden (2008, 80 min), by Scott Hamilton Kennedy – is an
    engaging and powerful look at the famous political and social battle
    over the largest community garden in the US (located in South Central
    Los Angeles).The Garden is a 2008 American documentary film that tells
    the story of the now demolished South Central Farm; a community garden
    and urban farm located in Los Angeles, California. The Garden details
    the plight of the farmers who organized and worked on the farm.

    Following our screening we’ll have a discussion about worker’s rights
    in the Food Movement. Our guests will include members of Unite Here,
    who will discuss their Real Food. Real Jobs Campaign
    (http://www.realfoodrealjobs.org/) and Nikki Lewis, who will discuss
    the work ROC-DC is doing in the food movement.
    (http://rocunited.org/tag/roc-dc/).

    Refreshments will be served
    Cost: Free, donation requested

    Facebook link to share with friends: