Your Chance to Impact D.C. School Meals

Ed Bruske

Nov 17, 2011, 10:30:58 AM11/17/11
to Parents for Better D.C. School Food
Here's your chance to have a huge impact on the future of school
nutrition in the District of Columbia.

The D.C. Public Schools' Office of Nutrition Services has started a
community advisory committee to advance director Jeff Mills' vision of
serving fresh food cooked from whole ingredients to the city's school
children. Already huge improvements have been made. This committee not
only advises on the food being served, but is actively engaged in
starting a movement that can get the entire community excited about
children eating more healthfully--at school and at home.

Our current focus is creating a logo and catchy phrase that captures
the spirit of this movement in D.C., and using those to brand and
market our efforts. We are also working on a short film on school
meals that we can use to start conversations with parents and
community leaders all over town.

If you are interested in joining us, please let me know and I will
provide you with orientation materials. The committee meets the third
Wednesday of each month at 6 pm at DCPS headquarters (1200 First St.
NW, near the New York Ave. Metro stop). But even if you can't make the
monthly meetings, you may be able to work on one of the sub-committees
involved in marketing, fund raising, etc.