Bloombars Indie Movie Night Presents: Hunger Hits Home: Child Hunger in America

1 view

jeremiah lowery

Jun 22, 2012, 3:08:52 AM6/22/12
to parents-for-bett...@googlegroups.com

What: Bloombars Indie Move Night presents "Hunger Hits Home: Child Hunger in America" Afterward, networking and conversation with a representative from BrainFood, and Share Our Strength's Community Investment Team and other representatives.

When: Tuesday, June 26th, 7pm

Where: 3222 11th Street, NW Washington, DC 20001

Hunger Hits Home (2012, 42 min), by Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz – is a special documentary that takes a first-hand look at the crisis of childhood hunger in America.

In the wealthiest nation in the world, one in five children lives in the shadow of hunger. In a new Food Network produced documentary, HUNGER HITS HOME, audiences will get a first-hand look at the crisis of childhood hunger in America through the eyes of the people on the frontlines of the battle—parents and children, anti-hunger activists, educators and politicians committed to eradicating the problem. HUNGER HITS HOME examines the causes, complications and misconceptions about childhood hunger in the United States and offersa glimpse at some of the innovative solutions being put into practice today.

Following the screening, we'll discuss childhood hunger with local DC efforts with Carina Gervacio, Program Coordinator of Brainfood (a non-profit youth development organization in DC); and representatives from Share Our Strength, including their Community Investment team.

Come network and see how you can get involved with anti-childhood hunger advocates in Washington, D.C.

Web Link: http://www.bloombars.com/garden-of-the-arts/film-digital-arts/626-bloomscreen-presents-hunger-hits-home
Facebook page to invite friends: http://www.facebook.com/events/250990561669782/

Jeremiah Lowery
Food Systems Outreach