The Food Lab at Walker Jones

Kristen McCarron

May 22, 2012, 10:19:46 PM5/22/12
to parents-for-bett...@googlegroups.com
Hello Parents of DC Schools!

My name is Kristy McCarron, and for the past few months I have been
volunteering at Walker Jones Education Campus (in NW DC). What
started as a guest chef appearance one day, eventually turned into a
weekly class, where we go over the basics of cooking, but primarily
the importance of healthy food and healthy food relationships.
We are currently in the process of trying to really build this into
the curriculum of Walker Jones, and, fingers crossed, allow me to be
hired full time by the school. This requires a lot of fundraising and
grants, but we're still really excited and enthused about it.
We would really appreciate any help. Here is a link to our
fundraising video- it would mean a lot to us if you could watch it and
pass it along. Feel free to email me with any questions, concerns, or
ideas. I think this is a very exciting time for DC.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662899988/the-food-lab-at-walker-jones

Thank you so so much,
Kristy McCarron
(215) 870-4053

Kristy McCarron

May 22, 2012, 10:21:49 PM5/22/12
to Parents for Better D.C. School Food
Please help us build the Food Lab at Walker Jones, teaching kids the