Welcome to the new members

Enrico Giurin

May 21, 2009, 11:04:22 AM5/21/09
to paranc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I warmly welcome the new members of this mailing list, so far we have
Alessandro, Michele B. Michele T, Diego, Ricardo.
As Parancoe it's an international open source project, even if most of
the developers are Italian, I would kindly ask you to keep the
discussion in this mailing list in English.

The technical leader of this project is Lucio Benfante so he will
coordinate and organize your contribution to the project.
In the meantime I invite you to have a look at the following resources:

www.parancoe.org
http://code.google.com/p/parancoe/
www.jugevents.org (web application built using parancoe)

The first thing I would like to invite you to do is trying to build
parancoe, that is, create in your desktop the environment to
effectively develop with parancoe.

Here there is a good tutorial (only in Italian) which explain how to
start with parancoe:

http://www.parancoe.org/articles/2007/09/23/parancoe-for-dummies-like-me---prima-parte/

For every doubt please do not hesitate to ask for help using this mailing list.

Best Regards,
Enrico.

Nicholas

May 30, 2009, 12:54:00 PM5/30/09
to Parancoe-dev
Hi,
looking at the tutorial for dummies I was quite able to import and
build Parancoe in Eclipse.

I have a couple technical issues with Maven, maybe someone of you
knows what the problems are.
Firstly, it complains that Eclipse is running on a JRE when a JDK is
required. I actually have the JDK6 installed, I don't know why it sees
it like a JRE.
Secondly, it complains that there's no settings.xml file. That's true.
If I create an empty one, it complains that it's empty. What am I
supposed to do?
I may try to reinstall it.

Anyway, it seems to work, retrieve the dependencies and build
correctly.
Inside the project I see four source folders:
src/main/java containing the packages
com.mycompany.person (3 classes)
com.mycompany.person.blo (2 classes)
com.mycompany.person.controllers (4 classes)
com.mycompany.person.dao (2 classes)
com.mycompany.person.po (2 classes)
src/main/resources containing a few files
src/test/java containing the packages
com.mycompany.person (1 class)
com.mycompany.person.controllers (1 class)
src/test/resources containing a file

Is that correct? I mean, is that all?
The source was http://maven2.parancoe.org/repo as described in the
tutorial.

Thanks and have a nice Sunday.

Lucio Benfante

May 31, 2009, 12:43:00 AM5/31/09
to paranc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Nicholas ha scritto:

> Hi,
> looking at the tutorial for dummies I was quite able to import and
> build Parancoe in Eclipse.
>
> I have a couple technical issues with Maven, maybe someone of you
> knows what the problems are.
> Firstly, it complains that Eclipse is running on a JRE when a JDK is
> required. I actually have the JDK6 installed, I don't know why it sees
> it like a JRE.

Sorry ,I don't use Eclipse, so I can't help you with it. Maybe someone else.

I stongly suggest NetBeans (www.netbeans.org).

> Secondly, it complains that there's no settings.xml file. That's true.
> If I create an empty one, it complains that it's empty. What am I
> supposed to do?
> I may try to reinstall it.

A minimal settings.xml should contain:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings></settings>

> Anyway, it seems to work, retrieve the dependencies and build
> correctly.
> Inside the project I see four source folders:
> src/main/java containing the packages
> com.mycompany.person (3 classes)
> com.mycompany.person.blo (2 classes)
> com.mycompany.person.controllers (4 classes)
> com.mycompany.person.dao (2 classes)
> com.mycompany.person.po (2 classes)
> src/main/resources containing a few files
> src/test/java containing the packages
> com.mycompany.person (1 class)
> com.mycompany.person.controllers (1 class)
> src/test/resources containing a file
>
> Is that correct? I mean, is that all?
> The source was http://maven2.parancoe.org/repo as described in the
> tutorial.

That tutorial is not about building Parancoe. It's about creating a new
Web application using the Maven Parancoe Web archetype (an archetype in
Maven is a sort of template for projects).

Be sure to use the most recent version of the archetype, at present the
2.0.3 one.

Kind regards,
Lucio

--
Lucio Benfante
JUG Padova http://www.parancoe.org ...have a look at it!

Nicholas

May 31, 2009, 10:17:36 AM5/31/09
to Parancoe-dev
Thanks for your answers, I'll look into it.