Pattern archive for this group

Ryan McGuire

Jul 15, 2006, 5:39:42 PM7/15/06
to Paradigm Game
Is there an obvious way to share patterns with each other? For
instance, with Yahoo! Groups, there is space to store files for the
group. I'm afraid that if we just post a pattern or even the URL to
one in a message, it'll just get lost as that thread moves down the
list.

Any thoughts?

Kory Heath

Jul 17, 2006, 6:58:56 PM7/17/06
to paradi...@googlegroups.com
Ryan McGuire wrote:
I'm afraid that if we just post a pattern or even the URL to
one in a message, it'll just get lost as that thread moves down the
list.

Yeah, you may be right. I don't have a good solution yet. One possibility would be for me to maintain a central repository of patterns that people have submitted to me, and make them all playable (or downloadable) from the applet. However, in order for that to work well, I'd really need to upgrade my applet's pattern-chooser to present a list of available patterns sortable by many fields, including author, date submitted, difficulty rating, popularity rating, etc. And, of course, I'd need to give players the ability to rate patterns after they play them according to difficulty and enjoyability. I wouldn't want to have to play every pattern to decide which ones were "good enough" to make available (which is essentially what I'm doing right now).

-- Kory

Ryan McGuire

Jul 18, 2006, 12:12:52 AM7/18/06
to Paradigm Game
Well I'll unveil mine here in this thread as I make them... at least
for now.

http://www.ryanker.com/Looney/Jumpy.svg
http://www.ryanker.com/Looney/10.svg
http://www.ryanker.com/Looney/LogCabin.svg
http://www.ryanker.com/Looney/RedHerring.svg

What I said in the "Three Types Of Patterns" thread about Jumpy is true
about the others as well. I don't yet have a feel for the dificulty
level of any of these. Feedback would be most welcome.

Ryan

Ryan McGuire

Jul 18, 2006, 2:10:55 PM7/18/06
to Paradigm Game
I uploaded new versions of
http://www.ryanker.com/Looney/LogCabin.svg
and
http://www.ryanker.com/Looney/RedHerring.svg

If you've already downloded them but haven't played them yet, I'd
suggest the new version. LogCabin is "juicier" and RedHerring is now
so god-awful easy.

Ryan

Ryan McGuire

Jul 18, 2006, 10:05:14 PM7/18/06
to Paradigm Game

Ryan McGuire

Jul 19, 2006, 11:58:04 AM7/19/06
to Paradigm Game

Ryan McGuire wrote:
> If you've already downloded them but haven't played them yet, I'd
> suggest the new version. LogCabin is "juicier" and RedHerring is now
> so god-awful easy.

I meant that RedHerring is _not_ so god-awful easy.