Next Pattern - Betsy Ross

1 view

Carlton Noles

Jul 23, 2006, 11:12:35 AM7/23/06
to paradi...@googlegroups.com
This is my next pattern. THe last one was just something that more or
less was plasing to my eye. This has a bit more structure to it. Let
me know what you think and tell me why I chose the title that I did.

;{)} <==that's my smiley, I have a goatee

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles
==================

Carlton Noles - Betsy Ross.svg

Ryan McGuire

Jul 25, 2006, 7:39:53 AM7/25/06
to Paradigm Game
I like it. Solitaire, I could have beaten a level 2 opponent. I was
initially worried that six colors would be horrible, but it all came
together about a third of the way through.

Even after seeing the whole pattern I don't get the name.

carlto...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2006, 12:28:44 AM7/26/06
to Paradigm Game
====SPOILERS====SPOILERS====SPOILERS====
You have been warned

Betsy Ross Solitaire (with Cards) related also to game called
Calculation has piles where the first increases by one the second by
two the third by three and the fourth by four. Assign the colors a
number starting with 1 in the top left and so on . Actually in my case
I go by rows the first row the colors are
1 2 3 4 5 6
the second
2 4 6 2 4 6
and so on

the difference between the to parts of the pattern is seeding
the first the rows are seeded
1
2
3
4
5
6
the second all rows start with 1

Kory Heath

Jul 26, 2006, 7:45:49 AM7/26/06
to paradi...@googlegroups.com
carlto...@gmail.com wrote:
====SPOILERS====SPOILERS====SPOILERS====
You have been warned

We played this pattern the other night. We enjoyed it, but we didn't really figure out the mathematical pattern - we just sort of went with the visual patterns that it generated. I've found this to be true of most of the highly mathematical patterns I've either designed or played - they usually generate various kinds of symmetry or sub-patterns, and that's usually all the players figure out.

-- Kory