Is the working directory allowed to be a symbolik link to another (real) directory

Steffen Michalek

Oct 10, 2019, 4:14:37 PM10/10/19
to Paperwork
Hello!
With linux (kubuntu):
Due to the necessity to encrypt with VeraCrypt, I would like to use paperwork on a working directory, that is a (fix) link to another directory (which is only temporarily present).
When choosing the working directory in "settings", the symbolic links are only gray and one cannot choose them (even if the link target is available).
Also, when trying to choose e.g. /media/veracrypt1/wd" as working directory - in the list of directories in "/", the possibility "/media" is even not displayed.

Does paperwork treat real directories in another way than symbolic linked ones?
Wouldn't the (expected standard) behaviour of Linux to transparently follow symbolic links within path information be adequate?

Thanks, Steffen

Michael Gruhin

Oct 10, 2019, 5:44:40 PM10/10/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com

It doesn’t work on 32 bit windows. Keeps crapping out and will not correctly allow for choosing working and storage directories on network drives.

ElektroQuark

Oct 11, 2019, 1:02:23 AM10/11/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have just translate Paperwork to Spanish.
I'm trying to contact Paperwork staff to submit files, but no response.
Can someone contact me?
Thanks in advance.

Iñigo.

Jerome Flesch

Oct 11, 2019, 2:07:13 AM10/11/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com, ElektroQuark
Hello,

I've received your email. Thanks for making this translation. I intend
to commit the files you gave me during the week-end.

Best regards,

Jerome Flesch

Oct 11, 2019, 2:11:22 AM10/11/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com, Steffen Michalek
Hello,

Do you use the Flatpak version of Paperwork ? If so, by default it is
limited to your home directory.
You can extend the permissions of the Flatpak sandbox. I think something
like `flatpak --user override --filesystem=/media/veracrypt1
work.openpaper.Paperwork` should do the trick.

Best regards,
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/paperwork-gui/4c31ac78-f91e-4e77-a78c-3a8ed9b3ee14%40googlegroups.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/paperwork-gui/4c31ac78-f91e-4e77-a78c-3a8ed9b3ee14%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Iñigo

Oct 11, 2019, 2:34:29 AM10/11/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com
Fine!
Thank you.

Iñigo.

Jerome Flesch

Oct 13, 2019, 11:51:16 AM10/13/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com, Iñigo
Hello,

Your translation has been committed.

Best regards,
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/paperwork-gui/8f1388d6-83f2-4f9d-a049-af4d2e13f2dd%40email.android.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/paperwork-gui/8f1388d6-83f2-4f9d-a049-af4d2e13f2dd%40email.android.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

ElektroQuark

Oct 13, 2019, 1:01:41 PM10/13/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.

Steffen Michalek

Nov 6, 2019, 8:17:13 AM11/6/19
to Paperwork
Thank You, Jerome,

it worked!  (slightly variated):
flatpak --user run --filesystem=/media/veracrypt1 work.openpaper.Paperwork

                       ^^^
Best regard,
Steffen