Use case: large pdf files: very very slow on a fast machine.

theoldfellow

Apr 29, 2019, 3:16:54 PM4/29/19
to Paperwork
I came upon Paperwork from the LinuxLinks review.
My use case may be unusual.  I have a moderate number of very large PDF books (600 pages).  The PDFs are scans of documents.
My machine is Archlinux on a Ryzen 2700X with SSDs, and fast GTX 1080 graphics, yet Paperwork (version 1.2.4)
runs very slowly.

I don't seem to be able to Select Text to 'copy selected text' with.  And no matter what I do, I cannot get Highlight words to function.

Have I omitted a dependency?  Or am I just expecting too much?

TOF.

Jerome Flesch

Apr 30, 2019, 4:22:47 PM4/30/19
to paperw...@googlegroups.com, theoldfellow

Hello,

It's a known problem : https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/OpenPaperwork/paperwork/issues/782

Up to now I've only tested Paperwork with PDF files of ~60 pages. I still have to improve PDF rendering. Unfortunately it's pretty much low in my priorities right now.

Best regards,

Message has been deleted