Using external variable to change position in onFrame

Michael Sartore

Mar 11, 2021, 5:45:08 PM3/11/21
to Paper.js
Hi,
I'm using sliders in an external ui, (dat.gui.js)
To try to change the variables in my paper.js project.
Instead of animating the variable, I'd like it to continually update it.
Ie: circle.position.x = posX;
Where posX comes from my ui slider.
Is there a different way? To "set" it each time?

I have requestAnimationFrame running, any basic animation works fine.
Just hung up on this.
Thanks

Michael Sartore

Mar 11, 2021, 10:08:02 PM3/11/21
to Paper.js
Hi,
Found the issue.
Had needed to declare the dat.gui vars as global.

Michael Sartore

Mar 12, 2021, 4:24:05 PM3/12/21
to Paper.js

Well I spoke too soon I guess.
function onFrame(event){
pivotPoint.x = datPivX;
Circle.rotate(3,pivotPoint);
}
Has perfect interactivity.

However,
function onFrame(event){
circle.position.x = datPosX;
}

Doesn't work. Circle disappears.
Even
 circle.position.x = 0;
Same.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this?
Thanks!

Michael Sartore

Mar 13, 2021, 2:31:56 AM3/13/21
to Paper.js
re: this for future searches...
i am finding that the issue was that i had been setting my circle.pivot erroneously and that had rendered my circle.position x,y fields NaN.