custom fonts in textItem like @font-face?

sandric

Jul 12, 2011, 7:21:42 AM7/12/11
to Paper.js
Hi. I wonder, how can I create some text with my custom font. I tried
to run this:

<CODE>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Lines</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="paper.js"></script>

@font-face
{

font-family: "Itt";
src: url('42936.ttf') format("truetype");
}

<script type="text/paperscript" canvas="canvas">

function draw()
{
var text = new PointText(new Point(30, 30));
text.fillColor = 'black';
text.font = 'Itt';

text.content = 'Hello world';
}

draw();
</script>
</head>
<canvas id="canvas" resize></canvas>

</CODE>
with no result, It just draws it in default font.

Richard D. Worth

Jul 12, 2011, 11:40:22 AM7/12/11
to pap...@googlegroups.com

sandric

Jul 12, 2011, 3:24:54 PM7/12/11
to Paper.js

On Jul 12, 6:40 pm, "Richard D. Worth" <rdwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/paperjs/browse_thread/thread/99d8eff8b...
thanks, it helped. But, to tell the truth, I'm not quite shure I
understood the method)

Richard D. Worth

Jul 12, 2011, 4:49:43 PM7/12/11
to pap...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:24 PM, sandric <kyryche...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jul 12, 6:40 pm, "Richard D. Worth" <rdwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See http://groups.google.com/group/paperjs/browse_thread/thread/99d8eff8b...
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:21 AM, sandric <kyrychenkoan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi. I wonder, how can I create some text with my custom font.

thanks, it helped. But,  to tell the truth, I'm not quite shure I
understood the method)

You can read more about this issue (which is really a canvas issue, not a paper issue) at

- Richard

MUKUND THAKARE

Mar 10, 2021, 6:51:42 AM3/10/21
to Paper.js
If you can just install the .ttf and use the font family name while creating the pointText would do the job.
There is no need to use @font-face, from my perspective.

I have observed that in latest version of paper.js.

Thanks !!