Erase/rubber Tool

Ismael Gómez

Mar 15, 2021, 8:01:49 PM3/15/21
to Paper.js
hi, how i can do a erase/rubber tool?, not only delete path, i want to do a rubber  tool like photoshop, it's possible? thanks for any help for all.
i don't know how begin. thanks

asensi...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 1:38:17 AM3/16/21
to Paper.js
Hi,

you can play with blend modes, and especially destination-out which can be usefull in your case. Here is a simple sketch demonstrating the idea.

let path;

function onMouseDrag(event) {
    if (!path) {
        path = new Path({
            strokeColor: 'black',
            strokeWidth: 20,
            blendMode: event.modifiers.shift ? 'destination-out' : 'normal'
        });
    }
    path.add(event.point);
}

function onMouseUp() {
    path = null;
}

Ismael Gómez

Mar 16, 2021, 6:18:08 AM3/16/21
to Paper.js
Thanks for your fast reply.

Ismael Gómez

Mar 16, 2021, 8:38:06 PM3/16/21
to Paper.js
when I use destination-out , blendmode of the path, when export the canvas to svg document the path in blendmode destination-out  show in color of the strokeColor, not erase the original path, i would say when export the canvas in a document svg, the path in blendmode shows as a normal blendmode.
I use this  exportSVG([options]) asstring = true, can i help me?

i can see this style="mix-blend-mode: destination-out"/> inside of document svg

but when i load the document in edge browser or chrome browser i see the destination-out blendmode paths in normal blendmode

can you  send me a sample lo load the document svg with importSVG whith this importSVG(svg[, options])

thanks another time...

Ismael Gómez

Mar 18, 2021, 5:22:30 AM3/18/21
to Paper.js