Does Paperjs support WebGL Or Is there any plan to do it ?

Raha Mohebbi

Feb 24, 2014, 9:18:50 PM2/24/14
to pap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys.

I have started using Paperjs in my commercial project and I would like to know whether if there is already any plans to support WebGL as rendered or not ?

Thank you

Jürg Lehni

Feb 25, 2014, 3:32:25 AM2/25/14
to pap...@googlegroups.com
Yes there has always been the plan to create alternative backends, both for SVG and WebGL. But work on it hasn't started yet since we're still busy with the core structures.

If you or someone is interested in helping out, you are more than welcome!

Jürg

Raha Mohebbi

Feb 25, 2014, 3:41:38 AM2/25/14
to pap...@googlegroups.com
This sounds very interesting, I would love to contribute. One more question, since you guys already have a nice Scene graph in Paperjs, have you guys thought about expanding this into 3D once we have WebGL renderer working ? How easy or feasible would this be ?

Thanks

Remi Gillig

Jan 28, 2015, 3:47:55 PM1/28/15
to pap...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in contributing to this because I really like Paper.js for my creative coding at the moment. However, the performance for 2D vector games is not enough to my taste.

What's the status on WebGL stuff? How hard would it be to support WebGL? I mean how much of Paper.js is totally dependent on Canvas? From my use of Paper.js it doesn't seem too much but a confirmation would be nice.

Remi.

doom star

Feb 15, 2021, 11:46:08 AM2/15/21
to Paper.js
Hey,

I would like to know what's the current status of this now (6 years later) ?
Thanks.
Doom.

Juro Dobrik

Feb 18, 2021, 12:41:11 PM2/18/21
to pap...@googlegroups.com
Maybe a reduction of paper operations, trough some AST with mathematics use could render shadders out of common geometric operations.

po 15. 2. 2021 o 17:46 doom star <doom...@gmail.com> napísal(a):