Contributing: Testing Questions

etagwerker

Apr 18, 2012, 6:28:28 PM4/18/12
to Paperclip Plugin
Hey guys,

I'm trying to contribute with some code related to this issue:
https://github.com/thoughtbot/paperclip/issues/387

I've started working on it locally, but I have a couple of questions
related to the gem tests.

1. rake test is failing with these errors: https://gist.github.com/2417029

I realize errors 1-3 might be because I have an old version of
ImageMagick. Not sure about #4.

2. bundle exec cucumber features is failing with these errors:
https://gist.github.com/2417037

I realize this might be because I need to install rails in my gemset?
(even though it's not listed as a development dependency)

So here are my questions:

A. Are you guys using shoulda and cucumber for your tests?

B. When someone wants to contribute code, what sort of tests should
they create?

Thank you!

- Ernesto