Problem with your Gemfile

Avenger9

Jun 28, 2012, 3:31:08 PM6/28/12
to papercli...@googlegroups.com
I clone from paperclip master, and attempt to run "bundle install", and got the following message

You cannot specify the same gem twice with different version requirements. You specified: sqlite3 (~> 1.3.4) and sqlite3 (>= 0)

Any idea why?  Is this even tested?

Avenger

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt

Jun 28, 2012, 3:37:09 PM6/28/12
to papercli...@googlegroups.com
Avenger,

check your Gemfile.lock. Search for "sqlite3". It's one of your other gems that has a dependancy on sqlite3 that gets loaded first, thus making bundler think an incompatible version is already loaded when it tries to load it a second time.

You might get around this by

1) Switching the order of the Gems
2) Specifying exactly which version of sqlite3 to use before both of the Gems that depend on it are loaded

#2 usually works for me when I have that kind of a problem.  As far as why it would happen on an exact clone of paperclip master, that I cannot answer.

-Jason

--
Individuals over processes. Interactions over tools.

Agile Rails training from thoughtbot, the makers of Paperclip, Clearance, Shoulda, & Factory Girl:
http://thoughtbot.com/services/training

The Paperclip group:
http://groups.google.com/group/paperclip-plugin

To post to this group, send email to