[release candidate] pantsbuild.pants 1.2.1rc0

Stu Hood

Dec 20, 2016, 12:54:05 AM12/20/16
to pants-devel
The first release candidate for 1.2.1 is now available on pypi.

The release notes are here: http://www.pantsbuild.org/notes-1.2.x.html

Please help to test this new stable release before it is finalized!

Mateo Rodriguez(Foursquare)

Dec 29, 2016, 2:28:04 PM12/29/16
to Pants Developers
I want to report that Foursquare deployed 1.2.1rc0 to all of engineering on the 12/21.

This release is working quite well for us so far. It has fixes for the issues that made us
unable to consume 1.2.0.

I found a couple issues that I would like to fix for the unstable dev releases, and at
least one UX commit that I intend to backport to 1.2.1rc1.

But overall, we are VERY pleased with the 1.2.1rc!

Thanks to Stu for getting that release out for us right before the holidays and to
Twitter in general for all the work they have been putting into Pants.
Pants is becoming nicely stable, you have been doing very good work :)

Mateo