Q4 2020 Pants Prioritization: Please submit your ideas!

Stu Hood

Nov 5, 2020, 1:19:19 PM11/5/20
to pants...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks!

With the huge 2.0.0 release on the books, we wanted to take a deep breath and introspect on priorities for the Pants project. We’d like your feedback on where the project should focus in the coming months to best serve you!

To gather and prioritize everyone’s ideas, we’ll be kicking off two phases of surveying where we:
Gather all of the potential projects and ideas from the community
Vote to help to prioritize the gathered ideas

On that note, we’d like to kick off the first round survey today! Whether you are a past, present, or future Pants user, we’d love if you could take a few minutes to submit your ideas for what the project needs most:

    Submit an idea!

Please submit as many ideas as you’d like! Once submissions have slowed down, we’ll triage the submissions, create Github issues for any that don’t have them, and kick off a second survey that will allow everyone to vote on how to prioritize all of the ideas from the first round.

Thanks in advance! We look forward to diving in to build what will help you to build!
@stuhood

Stu Hood

Nov 6, 2020, 1:18:21 PM11/6/20
to pants...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the responses so far! You can see them here: responses so far.

Please continue to submit your ideas! Depending how many more we get in the next few days, we'll likely close submissions early to mid next week.

Stu Hood

Nov 10, 2020, 1:29:45 PM11/10/20
to pants...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the responses: nearly 40 of them!

It looks like we're on track to close responses tomorrow (Wednesday), so please take one more look and ensure that anything you'd like to see is included.

Stu Hood

Nov 12, 2020, 4:41:57 PM11/12/20
to pants...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks! Submissions for Round One are now closed!

I've aggregated all of the responses, and created GitHub issues for each of them, resulting in the following list of issues:

Please take a look at the ideas that were submitted, and if any ideas were misrepresented, please chime in on the tickets to add more information, and to further explain the idea.

We'll open up voting on all of the submitted ideas tomorrow in... Round Two!

Thanks,

Stu Hood

Nov 13, 2020, 1:21:31 PM11/13/20
to pants...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang! It's time to vote on the submitted ideas!

You do not need to score all of the ideas, so you can spend as much or as little time voting as you'd like. Please take a few minutes to make your voice heard!:

Thanks a ton for helping to prioritize the coming months for the project!