[alpha release] pantsbuild.pants 2.13.0a0

Daniel Wagner-Hall

Jun 18, 2022, 4:51:34 AM6/18/22
to Pants Developers
The first alpha release for 2.13.0 is now available on PyPI! Please visit the release page to see the changelog.

Alpha releases are a new kind of release for the project. Although alpha release have not received any vetting beyond what a dev release receives, they are the first release for their stable branch, and are worth trying out to help report bugs before we start release candidates.

Thank you to everyone who contributed patches in this cycle!

  Andreas Stenius
  Benjy Weinberger
  Christopher Neugebauer
  Daniel Wagner-Hall
  Doron Somech
  Eric Arellano
  Jacob Floyd
  Joshua Cannon
  Stu Hood
  Tom Dyas

And a special shout-out to first-time contributor Jacob Floyd, with not one but two pull requests in this release, fixing up path special character handling and adding valid_choices support to StringSequenceFields - welcome aboard, we're so glad to have you in the community!

(For more information on how Pants is released, please see the release strategy page.)

John Sirois

Jul 1, 2022, 2:43:24 PM7/1/22
to Daniel Wagner-Hall, Pants Developers

The second alpha release for 2.13.0 is now available on PyPI! Please visit the release page to see the changelog.

Although alpha releases have not received any vetting beyond what a dev release receives, they are the first release for their stable branch, and are worth trying out to help report bugs before we start release candidates.