Rocks and Trees

Andune

Mar 15, 2007, 2:09:40 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Ok, a new thread. :wink:
For your pics with rocks and trees. I am shure, Rich have a lot of them to show! :)
But at first on of my pics. This place is called the Teufelskanzel (Devils Pulpit). It is one of my favorit locations, unfortunaly a days ride from my home. But only a half hour by train! :lol:

And now post your pics! :wink:

>>>Wer die Wahrheit spricht, braucht ein schnelles Pferd.<<< http://www.floydsworld.de

FuzzSummit

Mar 15, 2007, 2:20:17 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Moab:

The Gore Range, Colorado:

Ruby Range, Crested Butte:

Fall in Crested Butte:

Aspens, Maroon Bells:

Vail:

Timo Rossi

Mar 15, 2007, 7:24:19 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

rosina lamberti

Mar 15, 2007, 7:32:46 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote:
my favourite rock uluru, central Australia

Andune

Mar 15, 2007, 9:14:45 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I have another one.
This hill is called the oak hill, because of the oak forest at his top.
It is not far from the devils pulpit. But here by the light of the setting sun.

Frank_Richards

Mar 15, 2007, 10:38:30 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
I have also liked pictures of solo trees with a bit of character, cedars and cypress trees in particular. This is a California oak in Sunol - SF East Bay Area

eveinmontana

Mar 15, 2007, 11:16:39 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Andune, your invitations to post could get addictive!

Rocks are easy…

Black Butte is a lone basaltic remnant surrounded by red sedimentary rock.

Trees are harder. Many of my favorite spots are too high or too dry to have much in the way of trees…..

Does this count?

Richard Ryer

Mar 15, 2007, 11:29:11 PM3/15/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
This early morning picture was preceded by a heavy evening rain. Mist and fog was boiling up every where as the temperature warmed. It was a good picture day.

Just an observation. We have many excellent contributions to these threads. And these threads have huge numbers of visitors. I know the visitors also have great pictures because there are so many of them out there. Is there a way to start off a thread with a bullet proof way to let others make their first post with a thumbnail? I bet many would like to post, but don't know how to put in the thumbnail and link and don't know to ask. I know it took me several days to figure it out before Owen showed me. Good job Bandit!

Cheers,

Rich

Jacenty

Mar 16, 2007, 12:45:06 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
The world's largest known glacial erratic:

Rocks called "Three Pigs":

"Cuckoos's rocks":

rosina lamberti

Mar 16, 2007, 2:04:41 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Quote:
rock wall was built in 1850

Manu K.P

Mar 16, 2007, 4:46:25 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
A Rocky Mountain, a tree on the cliff and some blue sky..

Snap taken near a rocky formation in Ramanagaram, 60 kms off Bangalore, India

Check out in the original size of the image how the roots of the tree on the rock has grown down..

Cheers,
Manu.

Oleron photography

Mar 16, 2007, 4:47:44 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Andune

Mar 16, 2007, 5:00:47 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote manukp.leo:

Wow, what a crazy tree! Amazing!

NAGY Albert

Mar 16, 2007, 5:33:49 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
My trees and rocks in different forms:

This picture has a bit of "forest after volcanic ash rain" feeling. :)
Trees on a rock, and the water 1000 m below.
Looks like a megalith. :)
Dialogue of the tree and the water
These trees died 170 years ago...
This log is probably not so old.
Rocks in the ocean.
T(h)rees

Max KLM

Mar 16, 2007, 6:12:41 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
- Goa. India.
- Goa. India.
- Goa. India.
- Goa. India.
- Goa. India.

- Tarragona. Spain.

- NN. Russia.

Tin Image

Mar 16, 2007, 6:43:22 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Brittany, France.

Björn Martens

Mar 16, 2007, 8:21:32 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Geesthacht, Northern Germany
Yours Bj

Richard Ryer

Mar 16, 2007, 9:00:51 AM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
I like this picture of some of the coastal rocks and trees up on the Oregon coast.

Cool the way the rock erodes.

Cheers,

Rich

www.tatjana.ingold.ch

Mar 16, 2007, 12:20:24 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Australia... a lot of rocks but only a few trees :wink:

magic surf bus

Mar 16, 2007, 1:53:47 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Mainly rocks: these formations are from the Sentier de Douarniers on the Cote de Granit Rose in Bretagne (Brittany), and they all have names - can you guess what they are? Click the image for the answer.

The area is a photographer's playground :wink:

..and here's some rocks with trees at World's End Gorge near Llangollen, Wales:

Oleron photography

Mar 16, 2007, 3:13:03 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

>From Tafraoute and Sidi Ifni ... MOROCCO

fabrizio.reale

Mar 16, 2007, 3:20:38 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
rocks...
Grand Canyon, Arizona, United States

rocks & trees
Yosemite National Park, California, United States

kgram

Mar 16, 2007, 3:49:28 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Fairfield112

Mar 16, 2007, 4:03:47 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote kgram:

All from Greece, except the Blue Window from Malta. And a petrified tree, that is at the same time rock and tree!

If you want to see how to put a thumbnail in quote this or go here

I'm going to pretend tombstones count as rocks =p

Dave Leaton

Mar 16, 2007, 11:18:00 PM3/16/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
kgram should win a prize for that one.

Here's a 900 year old tree at Dryburgh Abbey in southern Scotland.

Richard Ryer

Mar 17, 2007, 10:13:27 AM3/17/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

I like both of these trees because the remind me of the Bonzai trees that gardeners in Japan shape with years of pruning and devotion. The first picture is on the shore of Emerald Lake and the sun had just come up. The second is just north of Mills Lake where the granite is still fairly naked after the last glacier retreated. It looks to be a tough old tree surviving harsh winter after harsh winter.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Rich

kgram

Mar 17, 2007, 10:29:48 AM3/17/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for advice - anyone can help on how to arrange thumpnails one next to another ?

Richard Ryer

Mar 17, 2007, 10:32:20 AM3/17/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
To keep all the thumbs on one line, just put a "space" in between the line of code, not "enter". The more spaces, the bigger the distance between the thumbs on one line. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Rich

kgram

Mar 17, 2007, 10:58:09 AM3/17/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote Richard Ryer:
Rich, you have also an amazing collection of rocks and rocky mountains!

Us79

Mar 22, 2007, 4:06:04 PM3/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
rocks (Agia Pelagia, Creta, Greece) ...

and a "strange" tree (a cedar that grows up in the sand) (Chrissi Island, Creta, Greece)

miirk

Mar 22, 2007, 4:33:55 PM3/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote:
These are some dwarf palm (spontaneous little palms Chamaerops humilis) on
a rock by the sea in Italy

John Primavera

Mar 22, 2007, 6:44:44 PM3/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Some tree pics from Utah and Nevada

Dana Jensen

Mar 23, 2007, 10:14:18 PM3/23/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Capital Reek National Park, UT

John Latter

Mar 24, 2007, 3:42:20 AM3/24/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
This image certainly qualifies for trees...

...and if you look about four feet to the right of the base of the evergreen tree there's a rock there too :)

rosina lamberti

Mar 25, 2007, 3:45:37 AM3/25/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote:
Alice Springs

rosina lamberti

Apr 20, 2007, 3:26:39 AM4/20/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote:
Gragieburn, Victoria,

ovidator

Apr 23, 2007, 6:31:50 AM4/23/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Snipe

Apr 23, 2007, 10:27:31 AM4/23/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Kodiak, Alaska

Astrid Lied

Apr 23, 2007, 2:00:03 PM4/23/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

>From this weekend's expedition to Svenner outside Larvik in Norway.

This little beach was so tempting that despite having to remove the many layers of clothing necessary to be able to sail out there, I had this year's first bath in the sea :shock:

I have a few more shots from this lovely spot on my page as well :D

TibX

Apr 29, 2007, 8:38:36 AM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

dmtr76

Apr 29, 2007, 8:44:45 AM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Coast of Wales

Davide Andreani

Apr 29, 2007, 10:21:14 AM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Oasis of Chebika, Tunisia

grumpos

Apr 29, 2007, 11:25:24 AM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
A 400-450 year old Spanish Chestnut. The hollow interior of it has largely been filled with concrete to help keep disease out:

OlliM

Apr 29, 2007, 12:03:28 PM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Weered

Apr 29, 2007, 6:54:25 PM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
700 years old tree in Praskolesy (near Telc), Southern Moravia, Czech Republic

Keith P. Luke

Apr 29, 2007, 8:59:01 PM4/29/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
I stumbled, almost literally, across this creation several months ago...

rosina lamberti

Apr 30, 2007, 2:07:04 AM4/30/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Manu K.P

Aug 20, 2007, 11:46:46 AM8/20/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
The place is called Kunthibetta in Pandavapuram, near Mysore, India.
Good Trekking spot.

Cheers,
Manu.

zerega

Aug 20, 2007, 3:16:33 PM8/20/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Tree vs. 'rocks' in Ta Prohm, Cambodia:

muba

Aug 20, 2007, 4:22:33 PM8/20/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
did someone say Rocks AND Trees?

ianwstokes

Aug 20, 2007, 6:10:15 PM8/20/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Does this count, or do they have to be in the same picture ?

Quasebart

Aug 21, 2007, 2:19:18 PM8/21/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
[quote="Quasebart"] Beautiful Yosemite National Park
[/quote

Chip Stephan

Aug 21, 2007, 2:35:01 PM8/21/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Rocks and Trees
The "Praying Hand" Stump in Kings Canyon NP, Ca

Fall Color on the Merced River, Yosemite NP, CA

The North Wall of Yosemite Valley from the Merced River

Yosemite Fall and Cook's Meadow

kris5436

Aug 21, 2007, 9:08:58 PM8/21/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Bilgers Rock near Reynoldsville Pennsylvania

Robinson Rock House, Charlotte, North Carolina

ElainaG

Aug 22, 2007, 2:17:25 AM8/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote Eve Wills:
Andune, your invitations to post could get addictive!

Rocks are easy…

Black Butte is a lone basaltic remnant surrounded by red sedimentary rock.

Trees are harder. Many of my favorite spots are too high or too dry to have much in the way of trees…..

Does this count?

For Eve, rocks are easy because she thinks more like a geologist.

For me, trees are easier because I think more like a forester. This is just about my only rock picture -

Then again, at the moment I don't exactly live in the land of rocks. Our rocks gather moss and plant life pretty quick -

And ends up not looking like rock any more!

Chip Stephan

Aug 22, 2007, 11:54:49 AM8/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Moss, Rocks and Trees all in one - Easy in Yosemite.

Trees and Mossy Rocks on the John Muir Trail below Vernal Falls

Stenina_Irina

Oct 7, 2007, 9:46:37 AM10/7/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Quote:
This pine - local sight. It grows on vertical mountainside

Dana Jensen

Oct 7, 2007, 2:04:14 PM10/7/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Lillimi

Oct 7, 2007, 6:54:46 PM10/7/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Big rocks, small trees!
At the Externsteine, a magical place in the Teutoberger Forest in Germany.

Marilyn Whiteley

Oct 21, 2007, 9:08:11 PM10/21/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
So many rocks, so many trees ... I'll restrict myself to ones that feature both.
>From Namibia:

>From Australia:

And is a dead tree acceptable?

WorldVision

Oct 22, 2007, 3:35:55 PM10/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Here are my pictures about Trees and Rocks:
The river, trees, rocks and.. the bridge near Schloss Schloss Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau ( Germany )

Grotte du Han (Caves of Han), Belgium

Roche D'öetre et Rochers de Parcs, Clécy, Normandie

rosina lamberti

Oct 22, 2007, 8:01:45 PM10/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Larry Workman QIN

Oct 22, 2007, 8:58:40 PM10/22/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

kaikanne

Oct 24, 2007, 7:48:21 AM10/24/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Teutoburger Wald - Dörenther Klippen / Germany

JeffSullivanPhotography

Oct 24, 2007, 1:31:11 PM10/24/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
At lot of these are from Yosemite National Park, with its dramatic rock features towering over forests:

Enjoy!
Jeff
(http://www.activesole.blogspot.com)

Laurent Bois-Mariage

Oct 24, 2007, 6:46:42 PM10/24/07
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

tashimelampo

Dec 13, 2008, 3:51:22 PM12/13/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

MoMof4

Dec 13, 2008, 9:11:02 PM12/13/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Little Haystack, New Hampshire:

(November Contest: Votes are welcomed!)

wojtex

Dec 14, 2008, 9:20:37 AM12/14/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Doug Best

Dec 14, 2008, 10:21:05 AM12/14/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Juniper Tree on the North Rim

View from Bright Angal Trail on the South Rim

:)

MoMof4

Dec 14, 2008, 10:33:02 PM12/14/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Bulls Bridge, CT

José Manuel Repetto Menén

Dec 15, 2008, 3:35:35 AM12/15/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

stesib

Dec 15, 2008, 11:18:22 AM12/15/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
The Swing-A-Long Bridg framed with Trees at Rock City, Loockout Mountain :

Autumn Lechtal, Tyrol:

Iflinger with Trees in the Autumn:

stesib

Dec 15, 2008, 11:18:33 AM12/15/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

ichbins bernd

Dec 15, 2008, 12:26:12 PM12/15/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Very big!:

Impressions Capo Testa, Sardinia:

Girl on the Rock:

Bear:

Stone Snake:

Stone Hand:

Bottle Opener:

Alien in the Rock:

Elephant:

Dragon:

Great landscape. The north of Sardinia. Capo Testa / Galura.

HazMat

Dec 16, 2008, 2:04:56 AM12/16/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
**"On The Rocks"**

**City of Rocks - Almo, Idaho**

**Camel Back Mountain, AZ""

Ørner

Dec 16, 2008, 8:11:40 AM12/16/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

kamalyn

Dec 16, 2008, 8:29:39 AM12/16/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Travel Photography

Dec 23, 2008, 2:02:46 PM12/23/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

a2sk

Dec 23, 2008, 7:12:55 PM12/23/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Lava and tree - near Bend, Oregon:

Lava, mountains, and trees - McKenzie Pass, Oregon:

Rock, Beach, and trees - Naubinway, Michigan:

MoMof4

Dec 25, 2008, 4:38:32 PM12/25/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Rocks

Rocks and Trees

And Trees

ichbins bernd

Dec 26, 2008, 6:57:38 AM12/26/08
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Photo 13775407:

Italy. Sardinia. Gallura. Capo Testa. Rocks . stoned animals... :-)

frischmilch

Jan 29, 2009, 9:17:04 PM1/29/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Rafał Klisowski

Jan 30, 2009, 6:04:07 AM1/30/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Rocks of Mirów

grey3000

Jan 30, 2009, 11:28:39 AM1/30/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

mr.amati

Feb 5, 2009, 3:40:32 PM2/5/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Bellagio, lake of Como, Italy

MoMof4

Mar 14, 2009, 11:06:11 PM3/14/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
When the trees hit the rocks...

When you find the rocks on the last photo, you can hit the Gold Cup!

tsolovi

Mar 30, 2009, 11:04:45 AM3/30/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

ado089

Apr 14, 2009, 10:39:27 AM4/14/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Greetz,

Inreal

Apr 28, 2009, 7:38:32 PM4/28/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Sandy065

Apr 30, 2009, 9:09:52 AM4/30/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

ANGEL, EL ALFA III

Jun 28, 2009, 9:25:08 PM6/28/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
La Cabrera, Madrid, España. Saludos

Encina entre las Rocas:

Fresno, rocas y agua:

JohnyTopaz

Jun 29, 2009, 12:07:48 AM6/29/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Here are four pages of my tree shots. Some specifically of trees, others with just general trees in the pictures. http://www.panoramio.com/user/2883427/tags/trees&comments_page=1&photos_page=1
Here are several pictures of rock formations or just rocks I have taken: http://www.panoramio.com/user/2883427/tags/Rock%20Formations
Some interesting ones:
Lichen on rock:

Saguaro Tree:

Japanese Maple:

A Confused Birch:

Enjoy :lol:

WernerAachen

Sep 23, 2009, 7:26:36 PM9/23/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Delphine / Dolphins ????

ANGEL, EL ALFA III

Sep 24, 2009, 4:31:08 PM9/24/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Haya de la roca

Chopo y piedra del Tormo 1

Chopo y piedra del Tormo 2

Chopo y piedra del Tormo 3

Chopo y piedra del Tormo 4

Arce y silla de Felipe II

beamish boy

Oct 1, 2009, 9:46:52 PM10/1/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Juniper on rocks, Dovedale, Lake District.

ANGEL, EL ALFA III

Oct 16, 2009, 8:50:25 PM10/16/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Poplar near the stone of El Tormo

ChaosDesign

Oct 17, 2009, 2:55:42 PM10/17/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com

Rodion Surkov

Oct 19, 2009, 7:50:30 AM10/19/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
On this cape there are ruins of granit arbour.

Harm--

Oct 19, 2009, 6:01:00 PM10/19/09
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
It is loading more messages.