How are Lookarounds created, and by whom?

Merle_Layden

Sep 15, 2013, 5:19:14 PM9/15/13
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
I've tried searching the forum by topic but can't find a reference to how lookarounds are created, or who does them for Panoramio.  I should know this by now, but better to ask than not know.......

hvbemmel

Sep 15, 2013, 11:31:23 PM9/15/13
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
An algorithm is constantly looking for exact the same data. when those data are found a lookaround will be made, provided there are three photos or more containing those same data. The algorithm was made by a member of the Google Maps team for Panoramio and Google Maps.some years ago.

Merle_Layden

Sep 16, 2013, 7:49:35 AM9/16/13
to panoramio-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I appreciated you taking the time to answer.
Greetings from Canada,

Merle