what is happening with Panoramio?! where the friendly environment dissapeared?! and why?! for sure this is not an improvement!!

other1_f

Jan 13, 2014, 3:14:30 PM1/13/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
can anyone help me? what is happening with the Panoramio? I cannot upload new photo, I cannot manage anymore my groups or the groups I belong, I cannot send private messages anymore... do you want us to give up and to delete our account and photos?!  If so, then just let us know clearly this.. I can see that many other members are not content with the new environment.. does our opinion count for anything?!

Draken

Jan 13, 2014, 3:44:02 PM1/13/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Have you already read the Panoramio 2014 status update?

Perhaps if you read it you can draw your own conclusions regarding your highlighted questions.

Roger Heath

Jan 15, 2014, 2:18:32 PM1/15/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Draken -  I read Adam's post in the link you referred in this thread and it raises a specific question for me.

He writes -

"Groups:  We are prioritizing fixing things that completely prevent members and managers from basic use of Groups.  We have no plans to add additional functionality."

Does this mean Group Slide Shows is a basic feature that is being worked on to work, or does the Slide Show NOT fit into future functionality plans?

The answer should be "Yes, slide show will return, we're working on it", or "NO, slide show not a future function and will not be seen again".

Draken

Jan 15, 2014, 2:25:35 PM1/15/14
Roger

If Adam answered: "No, we are not planning to put back slideshow", would that mean "they want us to give up and to delete our accounts and photos"?

I don't understand your inference.

Roger Heath

Jan 15, 2014, 2:55:23 PM1/15/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Draken -

If Adam wrote they were not going to include the slide show feature in the future, I'm gone. It is a critical element to my enjoyment of viewing other user's images. I have no use for Google Plus, and the problems of seeing one's images on Google Earth seem to be trashed and in transition.

If Adam wrote they are working on it, it implies they understand the seriousness of features that user's wish to see included in the site.

If they want to change the site to such an extent that user's leave because the whole premise has changed, that's their management decision. Seems silly to buy a well functioning site and change it to such an extent that the users leave. They might as well have started from scratch - which it appears they did! But they failed to leave a working web site "working" in their haste to transition to a Google based site.

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:25:12 AM UTC-8, Draken wrote:
Roger

If Adam answered: "No, we are not planning to put back slideshow", would that mean "they want us to give up and to delete our accounts and photos"?

I don't understand your inference.

Draken

Jan 15, 2014, 3:11:35 PM1/15/14
Roger

Thank you for the explanation.

So, If Adam wrote they were not going to include the slide show feature in the future that would mean to you they want you (and many, many others but not all Panoramio users) to give up and leave. I respect your stance, but I still think the exclusion of a feature (no matter how important) isn't equivalent to a clear message to all users to give up and delete the photos and the accounts.

El miércoles, 15 de enero de 2014 16:55:23 UTC-3, Roger Heath escribió:
Draken -

Roger Heath

Jan 15, 2014, 4:24:07 PM1/15/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Draken -

I originally started uploading images here because I discovered this is where images got to Google Earth and Maps. I had enough images of a few interesting places to think it was something to do with my images rather than have them sit on my hard drive.

I discovered Groups and became active in posting images to appropriate Groups, then discovered a few photographers had ongoing "games" of showing images with similar images, etc, etc. I found it intellectually interesting and saw many images from around the world and was able to add mine to the game. These types of groups no longer function because the uploaded images are no longer posted by Panoramio in sequence. They are placed randomly on the Group pages. Ordinarily that might not make a difference to a programmer, but the essence of the activity makes it mandatory that the images be placed on the page in sequence. This specific function has not received a specific response from the Team. If they can not sequence images on group pages, it's another reason for me to leave. The "games" had me checking in many times a day to see how others had responded to uploaded images. It was a real learning experience. It no longer is an experience, other than frustration of what once was.