Tag suggestions during upload are gone?

hvbemmel

Feb 2, 2015, 2:07:20 AM2/2/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I´m uploading a load of photos made last week in Rome. All photos are geocoded on upload.
Yesterday I got the normal Tag suggestions: 2015, Italy, Lazio, Rome. Today I only get 2015. Anyone experiencing the same?

Hans Sterkendries

Feb 2, 2015, 6:23:07 AM2/2/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Nope, just uploaded a bunch of pictures and tag suggestion seemed to work properly/normally.

© Tom Cooper not going to Views

Feb 2, 2015, 9:20:25 AM2/2/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Were the photos mapped when the tags were presented?  I will get just one tag, the year, If I have not mapped my photos.

BTW, I uploaded a few photos yesterday for the first time in months, and observed exactly this behavior.  2015 tag only, then after I mapped, it changed to 2015 and three location tags.

Tom

hvbemmel

Feb 2, 2015, 9:36:46 AM2/2/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
All photos were geocoded with geosetter using my GPS, so yes they were mapped and PA had no problem with the mapping, showed them nicely on the map. As said, yesterday everything worked as usual, today I only got the year. I will look again tomorrow when I upload the next load.

Hans Sterkendries

Feb 2, 2015, 1:35:39 PM2/2/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Mine are geocoded offline with Picasa3. Tag suggestion was normal yesterday and today, my most recent upload being 5 minutes ago... Must have been a temporary glitch or something on your end of the line...

hvbemmel

Feb 3, 2015, 5:03:47 AM2/3/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
yes, I suppose so everything is normal again, so I will not report :-), thanks for your support guys.

Message has been deleted

Evaameliya

Feb 4, 2015, 3:49:10 AM2/4/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
not need to tag the picture at panoramio, tag it using the (paint) at the labtop before upload it.

hvbemmel

Feb 4, 2015, 3:52:26 AM2/4/15
thread unlocked again as Tom Cooper reported the same issue over PM. So feel free to discuss the same issue, only year tag on upload from mapped photoshere again.

moatlspeed

Feb 5, 2015, 3:04:23 AM2/5/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
same here

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Feb 5, 2015, 8:40:04 AM2/5/15
OK for me... I've kept receiving the tags suggestion (based on location from EXIF) - uploaded yesterday.

Just a speculation - the uploader part for "tags suggestions" was rewritten and use now a different procedure for EXIF location reading than the part putting the photo on the map.
As I know, saving data in EXIF can be accomplished by different ways - more "versions" of data can be presented simultaneously. The data reading software than can have troubles to select which "version" of the data to use. Do you remember the troubles with recent version of uploader (I think it was way in 2009 or 2010): some photos with GPS location in EXIF were not treated as geolocated. We had to "normalize" their EXIF by processing it using ExifTool before uploading them to Pano...

© Tom Cooper not going to Views

Feb 5, 2015, 8:50:49 AM2/5/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
As Herman posted, I experienced the "year only" tag on a photo that had been EXIF tagged prior to upload with GPicSync, something I've been doing for years.  For testing, I went in to the "Change Location" map and moved the peg a short distance, but the suggested tags did not change.

It isn't a big deal to me, but thought we should keep this open to see how big the issue is.

Tom

Hans Sterkendries

Feb 5, 2015, 9:47:04 AM2/5/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
OK for me, both in old and new version. I tried uploading the same picture twice and received 4 tag suggestions, including the year...

hvbemmel

Feb 5, 2015, 9:48:19 AM2/5/15
As said I was in Rome.

A bit verbosely, sorry. My way of organizing photos is in folders photos/year/month/day. So I had photos/2015/January/ and then 2001, 2101, 2201, 2301 (DDMM)
I got the photos from my DSLR and a few from my Casio pocket camera and put them in the four folders. Then I made Panorama photos with ICE.

I opened a day in Geosetter and then the appropriate .log data from my sony GPS. There were a bunch of photos from the plane which I sychronised manualy with the flight data history from www.flightradar24.comIn this way I did with all 4 days. after that I straightened, cropped, optimized partly with Picasa, partly with lightroom.

Then I started uploading to Panoramio, day by day. All geodata were shown in PA, so all photos were mapped. The auto tag gave the appropriate tags on 2001 uploaded 3101 , 2101 uploaded 0102 and 2301 uploaded 0302 . Only the photos from 2201 uploaded 0202 showed the year as a tag.

So basically I had all photos done the same way, all photos received geodata the same way, only on the 2nd of February uploading gave the tag problem.

On Thursday, 5 February 2015 14:40:04 UTC+1, Tomas K☼h☼ut wrote:
OK for me... I've kept receiving the tags suggestion (based on location from EXIF) - uploaded yesterday.

Just a speculation - the uploader part for "tags suggestions" was rewritten and use now a different procedure for EXIF location reading than the part putting the photo on the map.
As I know, saving data in EXIF can be accomplished by different ways - more "versions" of data can be presented simultaneously. The data reading software than can have troubles to select which "version" of the data to use. Do you remember the troubles with recent version of uploader (I think it was way in 2009 or 2010): some photos with GPS location in EXIF were not treated as geolocated. We had to "normalize" their EXIF by processing it using ExifTool before uploading them to Pano...

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Feb 5, 2015, 11:29:23 AM2/5/15
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 3:48:19 PM UTC+1, hvbemmel wrote:
So basically I had all photos done the same way, all photos received geodata the same way, only on the 2nd of February uploading gave the tag problem.

Hmmm.... it seems to be tricky. :(