Uploaded photos not appearing on Google Maps

Persimmon

Jul 20, 2014, 6:04:40 PM7/20/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.  I uploaded photos to Panoramio about a month ago and they were all approved.  They still haven't appeared on Google Maps.  Is there a problem and will it be fixed soon?  Thanks!

Draken

Jul 20, 2014, 6:43:09 PM7/20/14
Please read the FAQ before opening a new thread.

From the FAQ:

2.3. Why can’t I see my photo(s) on Google Maps?
Panoramio performs only direct uploads to Google Earth, and does not control what goes on in Google Maps. Panoramio photo updates between Google Earth and Google Map appears to be only every second month. Note that photos that were previously visible on Google Maps may suddenly disappear after an update of the photo layer. It looks like very few of the Google Earth approved photos will ever appear in Google Maps.

Robertas Eidžiūnas

Feb 8, 2015, 11:59:31 AM2/8/15
It seems that certain kinds of photos that get approved for Google Maps (maps.google.com) and that used to show up on Google Maps are no longer showing up.  Previously, photos that had been approved for Google Maps wouldn't show up if there were already a number of other displayed photos with the same or similar geo-location, as if to avoid "crowding," while if there was no potential crowding, photos would appear within a few minutes after having been approved.  Recently, however, photos that have been approved for Google Maps are not appearing on Google Maps even after months and even when there are no other displayed photos for miles around.  I have noted though that the photos that are "suffering" from this are all in geo-politically sensitive areas, such as on or near militarized borders.  It makes one wonder if Google Maps is censoring photos accordingly...

Hans Sterkendries

Feb 8, 2015, 6:33:40 PM2/8/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Robertas, please read what Draken posted and be careful to avoid confusion. Pictures are NEVER approved for Google Maps. They are approved for Google Earth, after which the Google Maps team makes a selection of their own.. What you are describing is Google Earth.

And I'm pretty sure Google is not sensoring anything.

On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 5:59:31 PM UTC+1, Robertas Eidžiūnas wrote:
[...]

hvbemmel

Feb 9, 2015, 12:11:25 AM2/9/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I think the confusion lies with Panoramio|Google Maps which explicitly says
Selected for Google Maps and Google Earth

This only means that the photo is eligible for both, but you will seldom find it in GM.