Some News about Evan Rapoport and Google X

Tucky6

Oct 29, 2014, 7:03:29 PM10/29/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Some News about  Evan Rapoport and Google X

https://plus.google.com/+EvanRapoport/about
Product Manager, Google[x]

https://plus.google.com/+EvanRapoport/posts
See Evan's last post:
I've lost too many loved ones to cancer. I'm excited that we're working on this at Google!

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/193083-google-x-is-working-on-nanoparticles-that-swim-through-your-blood-identifying-cancer-and-other-diseases
Google X is working on nanoparticles that swim through your blood, identifying cancer and other diseases

NO GOOGLE+/ VIEWS

Oct 30, 2014, 11:03:04 AM10/30/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Beside that this  ''I've lost too many loved ones to cancer. I'm excited that we're working on this at Google!'' is an unfortunate sentence, I suppose PA is the the next tumor that has to disappear.....

CMCarroll

Oct 31, 2014, 11:34:53 AM10/31/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Oversharing.

Derek Graham - NO VIEWS

Oct 31, 2014, 7:15:52 PM10/31/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
LOL. I don't know where I ended up by clicking on one of the above links but it was Rapoports photos and I spied photospheres. He uses an apple iphone - Google Android not good enough for him? Does he work for Google or is he just a head kicker they have brought in?  And here is Mr apple supporter telling us what is good for us!

hvbemmel

Nov 1, 2014, 1:05:11 AM11/1/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Last time I saw him (a year ago) he used the latest Nexus he got from Google to try out.

ZIPP

Nov 1, 2014, 4:32:21 AM11/1/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Found this at https://www.linkedin.com/in/evanrapoport
"Recently I was also the product lead for the Photo Sphere Camera app for iOS."
That should have bought him an iphone, I guess...

CliveM

Nov 3, 2014, 7:18:45 AM11/3/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Google working on medical research doesn't fill me with confidence. Imagine the scenario:  somebody has a life-threatening disease, and their only hope is a treatment developed by Google. Google then announce they are dropping support for it and try to move everybody onto a much less suitable alternative.....

Tucky6

Nov 3, 2014, 8:20:26 AM11/3/14
On Monday, November 3, 2014 1:18:45 PM UTC+1, CliveM wrote:
Google working on medical research doesn't fill me with confidence. Imagine the scenario:  somebody has a life-threatening disease, and their only hope is a treatment developed by Google. Google then announce they are dropping support for it and try to move everybody onto a much less suitable alternative.....

... and the alternative is new and untested, and not inspire confidence.
... and the attending doctor is suddenly gone.

© Tom Cooper not going to Views

Nov 3, 2014, 8:48:04 AM11/3/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
...and nobody will answer questions about it.

hvbemmel

Nov 3, 2014, 8:58:37 AM11/3/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Not so negative, Google will make an awesome remedy that does half of  the cure.
Then a cool new team will take over and waits until you´ve gone to an other hospital.

Lady GooGoo La La

Nov 3, 2014, 9:23:56 AM11/3/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Claim whatever you want just make sure the name right, that's G O O G L E, Awsommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Now, what's the next awesome challenge, a Google street view rover to land on Mars and map the rocks in 3D Awsommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Tucky6

Nov 3, 2014, 9:33:12 AM11/3/14
On Monday, November 3, 2014 2:58:37 PM UTC+1, hvbemmel wrote:
Not so negative, Google will make an awesome remedy that does half of  the cure.
Then a cool new team will take over and waits until you´ve gone to an other hospital.

 ... and on the way to the other hospital, you can look for a restaurant that has the best pizza, and there you will meet Evan again.

ZIPP

Nov 3, 2014, 9:41:48 AM11/3/14
Google street view rover landing on Mars - I love it!

Let's call it AGSVR: Awesome Google Street View Rover.

In fact, by the time when the AGSVR approaches Mars (2 years after launch from Earth), the responsible team will be busy playing with yet another awesome project.
So in a hurry, a new team of amateurish masters of awesomeness (AMofA) will be assigned to arrange a smooth landing of the AGSVR.
Some urgent questions will arise: "What the heck is Mars? And where is it?"
Well, by the time they figured that out, the AGSVR will have crashed on Mars (perhaps at Aeolis Mons, or Mount Sharp, as Americans call it)

CMCarroll

Dec 28, 2014, 9:45:42 AM12/28/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I'm missing the "so what" factor that would make these relevant to his professional responsibilities. Doesn't he know it's all about cat videos, not his duck and cover vacation?