Problem: My Panoramio login was a dead userid...

Curate

Apr 8, 2017, 12:17:25 PM4/8/17
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I'm having real problems with linking my Panoramio account to a Google+ account.

My Panoramio userid is/was an "heritage" one, created with my (then) e-mail address, XXXX(at)live.co.uk. Unfortunately, due to the vagaries of Live, and MS's desire to get everyone to move to an Outlook userid, I can now no longer access that mailbox. This is why it has taken me some time to find out about Panoramio closing, because any notifications from Google about their plans will have disappeared into the bit-bucket.  For some years, XXXX(at)live.co.uk has been no more than a name by which I log onto Panoramio.

I have a Google+ account already, but it's obviously not the same name, because "XXXX(at)gmail.com" wasn't available.

I can still log on to Panoramio with XXXX(at)live.co.uk.

However, if I try logging on to Panoramio with the new userid, when it asks me to "Please enter the email address and password you use to sign in to your existing Panoramio account." it tells me that there's no such user as XXXX(at)live.co.uk.

How then can I merge them, please? Is it even possible to do so?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

David Smith (not really XXXX)
('Curate')

hvbemmel

Apr 16, 2017, 12:11:19 AM4/16/17
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
did you use the following address to merge your Panoramio account with the Gmail account?

Make sure you are signed in with the gmail account (and only that one, close other gmail accounts if available)
You can sign in at the link and will be prompted to make a connection, just follow the instructions.

I don´t know if everything still works, but it´s worth a try.