Panoramio does not respect the terms of contract

féérique

Jan 14, 2014, 9:26:55 AM1/14/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
  Panoramio does not respect the terms of the contract by not displaying photos in google maps, only on Google earth
  They take photos but do not appear on google maps.
  This is a waste of time to give photos to Panoramio who does not put on the map as written in the contract.
  They choose your photos but do not put them on google map.
  I have done work for fair people know the photos of my village on a google map.
Saisissez du texte, l'adresse d'un site Web ou importez un document à traduire.

Draken

Jan 14, 2014, 9:32:47 AM1/14/14
Hello féérique

Could you please link to the so called "contract" where Panoramio commit to displaying our photos in Google Maps?

Please read the FAQ in this forum.

2.3. Why can’t I see my photo(s) on Google Maps?
Panoramio performs only direct uploads to Google Earth, and does not control what goes on in Google Maps. Panoramio photo updates between Google Earth and Google Map appears to be only every second month. Note that photos that were previously visible on Google Maps may suddenly disappear after an update of the photo layer. It looks like very few of the Google Earth approved photos will ever appear in Google Maps.

Thanks in advance

RoarX

Jan 14, 2014, 11:39:13 AM1/14/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
What terms of contract are you referring to?

From http://www.panoramio.com/help/copyright :

When you post a photo in Panoramio, you grant Google the right to use it as follows:

  • Host it
  • Display it
  • Make the photo available from the APIs

From http://www.panoramio.com/help/acceptance_policy

All photos uploaded in Panoramio can be seen in the following places:

  • If they are your photos, they're available on your personal page (Your photos)
  • They are included in the Panoramio map
  • They're visible in Google Earth if you use Google Earth to open this file. The file contains all the current Panoramio photos.
  • They can be displayed in any website using the Panoramio API
Google maps is not mentioned here at all.