Please help . http://www.panoramio.com/user/2018384 - disappeared

Laura

Mar 10, 2015, 10:11:52 AM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Please help me, my account disappeared suddenly and I don't know what to do . My account is http://www.panoramio.com/user/2018384. Few days ago I deleted G+ plus, but I didn't know that it's connected with panoramio and I still could download my pictures, when few minutes ago everything disappeared. I Really appreciate your help, because all my memories are with those pictures.
Thank you,
Laura

Draken

Mar 10, 2015, 10:18:45 AM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Laura

You have posted four or five times the same message in this forum. Once is enough, so please stop. We are listening. Do you still have a Google account  and a Gmail account or have you also deleted them along with Google+?

Laura

Mar 10, 2015, 10:25:33 AM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Im sorry I didn't mean to post it several times, but I was searching for help and I didn't know where to search it. Yes, I still have google account, but not GOogle + anylonger.

Draken

Mar 10, 2015, 10:32:41 AM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Laura

Please calm down.

How come you didn't mean it? You did it!!

Let me see if I can draw the attention of the only Team member who seem to be left. OK?

Nora Mihaylova

Mar 10, 2015, 10:34:58 AM3/10/15
to Draken via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
OK and thank you!

Draken

Mar 10, 2015, 5:34:22 PM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Laura

The account hasn't been completed deleted yet. Precisely for that reason the Team adminis has to wait until its completion so he can recover it. The whole process can take a while. Please be calm and be patient.

El martes, 10 de marzo de 2015, 11:34:58 (UTC-3), Laura escribió:
OK and thank you!

El martes, 10 de marzo de 2015, 11:11:52 (UTC-3), Laura escribió:
Please help me, my account disappeared suddenly and I don't know what to do . My account is http://www.panoramio.com/user/2018384. Few days ago I deleted G+ plus, but I didn't know that it's connected with panoramio and I still could download my pictures, when few minutes ago everything disappeared. I Really appreciate your help, because all my memories are with those pictures.
Thank you,
Laura

Nora Mihaylova

Mar 10, 2015, 5:42:02 PM3/10/15
to Draken via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. Have a great evening.
Laura

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/panoramio-questions-support/e9d78d24-a638-4c7d-9148-b8e774ce1c0d%40googlegroups.com.

Nora Mihaylova

Mar 13, 2015, 2:53:21 PM3/13/15
to Draken via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
I don't know what has happened. This morning I saw that all my pictures were back, even though without any statistic, and after few hours everything disappeared again. ;(

Nameof Rose

Jan 31, 2018, 1:04:13 AM1/31/18
to Draken via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Good morning Draken,

I have no idea what had happened with my panoramio pictures, I linked my account to gmail and I was expecting they should be in my account. Where should I search for my panoramio picture?

Nora

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:34 PM, Draken via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback) <panoramio-questions-support+APn2wQcXr3rjp1hsc5talIC00CeiHPIGf...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

df3vi

Jan 31, 2018, 2:20:34 PM1/31/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Photos should have been moved to "photos.google.com" by now. At least google had given themself even 15 months to do that before they shut down Panoramio finally, but still missed even that deadline. They did not even got this simple task done, despite all anouncements!

In the moment you can find your photos only on google maps. When logged in, open the menue, go to "my contributions", then choose "photos", and start endless scrolling :-()
However google is not able to display those phots in full size anymore. They also busted that about two weeks ago :-(((

I wonder how they can produce something complicated like google maps, but fail on something easy as transferring and showing the photos!?

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Jan 31, 2018, 3:12:49 PM1/31/18

Dne středa 31. ledna 2018 20:20:34 UTC+1 df3vi napsal(a):

I wonder how they can produce something complicated like google maps, but fail on something easy as transferring and showing the photos!?

Perhaps Google assigns less experienced staff (widnow cleaners, doormen, receptionists, secretaries, security guys) for these "less importance" (?) tasks.
I wonder if it similar for development of AI and self driving cars!

BTW, some Panoramio photos, even the newer ones (photos uploaded between August 2014 and November 2016) appeared temporarily in desktop Google Earth in new layer "Photos in Google Maps". Need to say, they appeared before in  web version of Google Earth https://www.google.cz/intl/en/earth/ and in Google Earth for Android mobile devices https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.earth
Well it does not work properly (at least provided link from user name was broken), so now these photos has disappeared from all Google Earth platforms.
A nice try.

Nameof Rose

Feb 1, 2018, 2:55:15 AM2/1/18
to df3vi via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
I'm sorry, I've lost all my photos, by now. I thought they should live even after me, so I was not right

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Feb 2, 2018, 3:56:11 PM2/2/18
Dne čtvrtek 1. února 2018 8:55:15 UTC+1 Laura napsal(a):
I'm sorry, I've lost all my photos, by now. I thought they should live even after me, so I was not right

Laura, don't panic.
Google promised to keep photos from Panoramio in "albums archive" (link: https://get.google.com/albumarchive) and for users with linked G+ profile in Google Maps and Google Earth.
As we can see, it's not the true - at the moment. It does not work for any of former Panoramio users. I still hope "Googlers" only missed the deadline for roll-up of this photo migration.
I hope to see at least decent selection of Panoramio photos on maps again and all my Panoramio photos in my Albums gallery. Of course, there is no communication from Google about current situation. Shame.

Update:
Adam Lasnik (former and last Panoramio community manager) popped up in the discussion of a very similar topic.
Also a relics of Panoramio pages has been updated:

What happened to my Panoramio data?
If your Panoramio profile was linked with your Google account, then all your Panoramio photos are being copied to your Google Album Archive at full resolution (this could take a few weeks). All other data has been permanently deleted.

So now it's official. Transfer of photos is not yet accomplished, but in progress.
Let's be patient and hope.

Laura

Jun 18, 2018, 6:10:20 PM6/18/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Did you receive your panoramio photos back?

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Jun 24, 2018, 1:15:55 PM6/24/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Nope. Not yet. :-(

Only a small portion of my Panoramio photos were transferred to Google Albums Archive (two rounds of the transfer in March 2018 - nothing since then).

df3vi

Jul 22, 2018, 9:25:32 AM7/22/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
And I don't expect these morons from Google Maps to repair that ever, nor to add any other photos. It's now almost TWENTY MONTHS they had time to get things done - BUT THEY DIDN'T !!!
They just messed up everything, and then went away!!!

@Adam Lasnik: What's going on at this organisation, which proves to be unable to handle this relatively simple task (just move photos from one server to a different), unable to do things right they had a year to prepare for, or at least clean up the trash from their trials on a life system???

Now there are a thousand photos clogging up my album, each photo a single album, and all dated to 02/03/2018 - which is just DEAD WRONG !!!