panoramio photos not migrated to my g+ account

Paunoramio

Nov 26, 2016, 7:31:34 PM11/26/16
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Long time ago I linked my panoramio account to a google+ brand account associated to my personal account. Now I have noticed that none of the photos are there. They are not in my personal google+ account either. I do not want to lose all these pictures, and I would like to have them migrated to my g+ account. Anybody can help?

Thanks!

hvbemmel

Nov 26, 2016, 11:47:05 PM11/26/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
It would be nice to know if anyone has his photos migrated to photos.google.com already. forget about G+.
Questions about this can perhaps better be answered on https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/maps

tohaklim

Nov 27, 2016, 6:02:43 AM11/27/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
I believe it is a process that has not yet begun, so give it some time

John Muse

Dec 6, 2016, 8:22:29 PM12/6/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Is the migration still to come?  I can't find my images!  No album yet.

tohaklim

Dec 7, 2016, 3:39:49 AM12/7/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Not on my end either. Do you at least have them in the Maps Contribution tab?

Gueros

Dec 7, 2016, 7:58:11 AM12/7/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)

From the Google announcement: Panoramio no longer available after November 4, 2016

... you’ll still have access to your photos and be able to export your data until November 2017. After that, if your Panoramio account is linked with a Google account, we'll copy your photos to the Google Album Archive so you can access them even after Panoramio is retired.

tohaklim

Dec 7, 2016, 8:03:42 AM12/7/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
I don't have anything in the Album Archive, apart from G+ and profile photos. I figured it will either take time or won't be there if photos were transferred to GMaps.

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Dec 7, 2016, 7:19:42 PM12/7/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
I think, there was an update of Panoramio demise announcement:

If you delete any photos (or delete your entire account) before Panoramio is retired in November 2017, that content will not be automatically copied to the Google Album Archive and will stop appearing in Google Maps.

It seems, transfer process of the photos will be triggered AFTER November 2017. Google don't want to save the photos to Albums which will be deleted before that date (yes, it makes a sense). Maybe the conversion routine is not implemented and tested yet. Trouble is, there will be no time for feedback from users. But Panoramio demise timing and "quality" of the turning Panoramio into "read-only mode" suggests there will be not many users taking care about in the end...

Gueros

Dec 8, 2016, 1:42:00 AM12/8/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
There are still 11 months left before November 2017 ...

tohaklim

Dec 8, 2016, 4:21:36 AM12/8/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Something tells me whoever would want to retain a copy of those photos would have exported them by then. Don't understand why would Google keep them for so long, apart from the Maps contributions from accounts people no longer care about

QuentinUK

Jan 4, 2017, 3:26:30 PM1/4/17
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
So what do we do on November 2017 when we find that our photos still haven't been transferred to Google+? I for one do not trust Google to transfer the photos after that date so I would like a way to transfer photos from Panoramio to Google+ or the Album Archive before then. If I just wait for a year twiddling thumbs people will only blame me when the photos disappear for ever.

hvbemmel

Jan 6, 2017, 12:42:56 AM1/6/17
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
You will not get an answer here. Best you ask this on the Photos productforum https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/photos

DavesFotowerks

Apr 7, 2018, 12:03:10 PM4/7/18
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
They did NOT get migrated. I had nearly 300 images flushed down the drain. Google doesn't give a shit.

tohaklim

Apr 7, 2018, 3:05:29 PM4/7/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
It looks like Panoramio photos not associated with a poi are not going to show up on GMaps. Kind of expected, but still sad.
With a free service, you are the product

Roland_Longbow

Apr 20, 2018, 8:02:38 PM4/20/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Hi, All:

To my best knowledge, I did the link. At this point, I can see my 1500 plus photos on Google Maps under "My Contributions". If I click on a photo, a map pops up in a small square showing the correct location where the photo was taken. This means that the lat/lon info has not been lost.

Also today, I updated my Google Earth to "Google Earth Pro" so that I was able to click the "Switch to New Photo Layer" effectively, and those old small photo icons disappeared. However, I don't see my own photos from among those new circular photo icons. Then, I logged into my Google Album Archive and found my Panoramio photos were copied there on 2018-03-06, a very recent date.

I don't know if my photos will eventually show up on Google Earth or never. Or I need to do something to make them show up on Google Earth.

Best regards,

Roland

df3vi

May 2, 2018, 5:34:29 AM5/2/18
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Of my several thousand photos, 99% linked to a POI, only several hundred (less than 20%) have been copied to the Google archive. NONE of these photos show up on any POI anymore!
Also those photos have LOST their location - probably this information was already deleted when Panoramio was closed, as all meta-data disappeared then (even the categories they forgot to delete at first disappeared some days later).
Even worse, those photos that made the transfer have all the same date of the TRANSFER DAY in the archive!!! What a stupid idea, showing that the transfer routine was just badly written, untested junk.