Some views aren't counted on daily stats ?

Christos Theodorou

Nov 24, 2014, 5:06:03 PM11/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Last 2 weeks, I'm trying to understand, why photos shawn from time to time at the scroll-bar at my statistics page aren't counted to the daily statistics. I have notice some of my photos passing at this bar, but their statistics remain the same for many days.
For example :
a) I have seen my photo with id : http://www.panoramio.com/photo/104692298, to pass last week at least once per day, but its stats is 0 from 15/11/2014 till today.
b) Nov 10, 2014, I have seen my photo with id : http://www.panoramio.com/photo/53615121, to pass every 10 minutes at the scroll-bar for many hours (from 10:00 to 22:00 at least, if I remember well. I have probably seen the photo scrolling for over a 100 times. Next day stats of the photo were only 32 views.
Unfortunately, I can't prove it, I should take a photo of the scroll-bar at the crucial moments.

And a second remark :
I thought that, if I was seen photos at the slide-show mode, their views were counted at the members statistics on Panoramio-views. Yesterday (23/11/2014), I opened in slide-show mode 3 galleries (Photogosts, Dana Valentova, Angel en Alfa III) for over 1 hour each one. Normaly using slide-show in auto-mode every minute you can see 12-13 photos.
Their Panoramio stats today are :

There is any change on overall counter mode of Panoramio, that we should know, or some servers don't work, as it should ?

Kind regards,

Christos

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 24, 2014, 5:13:19 PM11/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Christos,

since daily update of counters was introduced, counters are mystery.
It is long term known mystery that counters sometimes do not reflect views shown at bottom scrolling bar.

I am afraid, we will never know the cause.

Christos Theodorou

Nov 24, 2014, 5:48:15 PM11/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thomas,

thanks for your reply about my 1st question.

About my 2nd remark, I find that it isn't normal the views of my Pano-friends. If using slide-show in auto-mode every minute you can see 12-13 photos, in one hour you can see about 720 photos of any member. Why these views aren't counted at their stats ?

Have a nice evening.

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 24, 2014, 8:45:48 PM11/24/14
On Monday, November 24, 2014 11:48:15 PM UTC+1, Christos Theodorou wrote:
Thomas,

thanks for your reply about my 1st question.

About my 2nd remark, I find that it isn't normal the views of my Pano-friends. If using slide-show in auto-mode every minute you can see 12-13 photos, in one hour you can see about 720 photos of any member. Why these views aren't counted at their stats ?

Have a nice evening.

I think, it was also pointed out some time before... viewing at photos using Panoramio photo explorer and slide show (that thing  showing one photo over almost whole screen on black background) seems not to be counted. At least not in the bottom bar. Maybe these views are counted as External Widget API Views.

But as I said before - real functionality of counters was never disclosed to us, users.

laurence_cox

Nov 25, 2014, 7:48:05 AM11/25/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Also, where pictures are looked at by robots (including Google's own) that are searching the net, these also appear on the scroll bar but not in the views.

Christos Theodorou

Nov 26, 2014, 7:26:16 AM11/26/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
By the way, we have a lot of "missing" statistics every month.
MORE THAN USUAL. At the past, this happened once per month and normaly after 2-3 days not shawn stats were repaired. Last months it happens more often and "missing" stats are fixed too late in the graphic display of statistics. I indicative quote :
a) We still don't know what happened with Panoramio stats of 13/10/2014. They are fixed or not ? In the graphic display were not fixed for 30 days (13/10 to 12/11). Now we (the users) can't check it.
b) Overall stats of 10/11/2014 aren't fixed yet (15 days to repair?)
c) Panoramio stats of 24/11/2014 "missed" again.
Have a nice day,
Christos

Christos Theodorou

Nov 26, 2014, 8:18:49 AM11/26/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Panoramio stats of 24/11/2014 just fixed.

dhanasekarangm

Dec 7, 2014, 2:04:24 AM12/7/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The missing counts, as I noticed, are later updated after a few days or even week. I do not enable a slide show for this purpose ( my slide show from my log in will not be counted). For some particular day when the view count is shown a Zero, is updated after a week or so !