How To Search With Google Streetview and Panoramio on Toyota Touch 2

Tucky6

Nov 8, 2014, 11:18:33 PM11/8/14
How To Search With Google Streetview and Panoramio on Toyota Touch 2
10.02.2014 - Then you'll need to connect it with the Toyota Touch 2 system. Then you can either choose the Google or Panoramio service from the Toyota ...
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-search-with-google-streetview-and-panoramio-on-toyota-touch-2-video-76548.html

Official Google for Work Blog: Toyota Motor Europe ...
04.09.2013 - Starting in January 2014, Toyota drivers will have access to Google Street View and Panoramio via the Toyota Touch 2 with Go connected ...
http://googleforwork.blogspot.de/2013/09/toyota-motor-europe-visualizing-road.html

Toyota: 08 Oct 2014
... Via the Toyota Online function, the multimedia system offers on-board connectivity to an expanded range of services including Toyota Real Time Traffic powered by TomTom, Google Street View, Panoramio and Google Local Search -the largest and most up-to-date search database in the world.  ...
http://newsroom.toyota.eu/pressrelease/4078//2015-prius-significant-upgrade-europe%E2%80%99s-only-full-hybrid

© Tom Cooper not going to Views

Nov 10, 2014, 10:01:46 AM11/10/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Somebody forgot to tell them something...

Tom

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 10, 2014, 11:53:58 AM11/10/14
My wild guess... Panoramio API (for retrieving Panoramio photos) will continue to live on quite long time after the Panoramio site death.
A piece of information taken from Brian McClendon statement:

"Panoramio un-migrated photos will continue to be seen on Google Earth and Google Maps (far beyond the migration) if they are associated with a Google account."

This is API use... However, we don't know how long does it mean "far beyond".

© Tom Cooper not going to Views

Nov 10, 2014, 12:30:27 PM11/10/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
How valuable would you consider your search engine if it could only return results from two years ago or earlier?  If it were me, it would not matter much that old photos were still available.  With nothing new, the scheme is dead. :(

Tom

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 10, 2014, 12:46:04 PM11/10/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Tom,
I think for typical Panoramio scenic photos (cathedrals, castles, historic parts of cities, trails, natural monuments...) - two year are not a big deal in most cases.
For business - it can be an issue, although very likely, pizzas and cafés will be mostly at the same place (or something similar will take a place). ;-)
Street view images are often even older, but  they still provide acceptable and valuable info about covered places, what do you think?

© Tom Cooper not going to Views

Nov 10, 2014, 10:05:11 PM11/10/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with two year old results.  The problem is with only old results.  I don't mind ig Google returns a two year old page in the listing, but if I am looking for info on the camera released last month, I need new results.

Panoramio didn't cover everything, but you can bet that a brand new skyscraper or amusement park ride is already covered...as long as Panoramio exists as a viable web site.

Tom

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 11, 2014, 7:30:11 AM11/11/14

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:05:11 AM UTC+1, © Tom Cooper not going to Views wrote:
The problem is with only old results.

Of course, I've got it. ;-)
My point was - for many users of Toyota Touch (or similar services) the changes of the place they want to discover via photos are not recognizable (within short time horizon of one or two years). Places undergoing rapid development or which are subject of some kind of disaster are exception.

Tucky6

Nov 14, 2014, 8:34:11 AM11/14/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Mercedes also has developed its own apps for Panoramio, but Google ignores the new industry standard and will close Panoramio.

Mercedes-Benz Apps are part of the high-end multimedia system COMAND Online
... Google StreetView; Panoramio by Google; TuneIn Radio; …
http://ces.mercedes-pressevents.com/content_apps.php

16 July 2014  Three infotainment options for new Mercedes-Benz C-Class
… Mercedes-Benz Apps such as Weather, Google Local Search with StreetView and Panoramio, …
http://telematicsnews.info/2014/07/16/three-infotainment-options-for-new-mercedes-benz-c-class-estate_ju5163/

2013 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Convertible review
… The 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Roadster is an excellent luxury convertible that ...
… The new Comand Online system is the weak link in the Benz' dashboard ...
… view a 360-degree Google Street View or collection of nearby Panoramio photos. …
http://www.cnet.com/products/2013-mercedes-benz-sl550-convertible/2/

Tucky6

Nov 14, 2014, 9:37:07 AM11/14/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
And yet another: Also for BMW is Panoramio a useful feature

01.07.2011 - BMW ConnectedDrive: BMW Live, Panoramio
Detailed view
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/photoDetail.html%3Bjsessionid=J1BBSsYL1lVV1TY8N39d05L0F5kldn2nL16J2fGK1v3myW1WnC5K!398620439?title=bmw-connecteddrive-bmw-live-panoramio-07-2011&docNo=P90077935

2013 - BMW 7-Series
BMW online -  Panoramio Apps.
http://www.caricos.com/cars/b/bmw/2013_bmw_7-series/1024x768/100.html

2013 BMW 750Li adds data-driven features (pictures)
14.02.2013 - The Panoramio widget shows photographs of the area through which the car is traveling.
http://www.cnet.com/pictures/2013-bmw-750li-adds-data-driven-features-pictures/14/

Roger Heath - No Views

Nov 15, 2014, 12:21:26 PM11/15/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
From the CNET link on the Mercedes page -

"From Google:

Welcome to Panoramio!

Panoramio is a community-powered site for exploring places through photography: cities, natural wonders, or anywhere you might go. Panoramio is a showcase for the talents of its contributors, a place to see the world, and a community where members determine the content. Panoramio photos don't contain commercial messages.

Panoramio is different from other photo sharing sites because the photos illustrate places. As you browse Panoramio, notice that there aren't many photos of friends and family posing in front of places, or photos of interesting surfaces--Panoramio's all about seeing the world.

Every Panoramio photo is a candidate for transfer to the Google Earth Panoramio layer. You'll notice a line under each photo, telling you whether it's been reviewed or selected for Google Earth. Once a month, we transfer the selected photos."

Someone should tell Google they are messing with European automobile manufacturers sales promotion features.

hvbemmel

Nov 16, 2014, 12:25:47 AM11/16/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
What you quote is copied from the help file landing page, www.panoramio.com/help ,  and is there since the early days of Panoramio. The text is from Eduardo Manchon I think. I doubt Google knows that this text is used by CNET, I doubt that they know car manufacturers are using Panoramio, even though I mentioned it in the mods forum. I even doubt if they give a damn.

Roger Heath - No Views

Nov 16, 2014, 6:53:56 PM11/16/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
); >) I see Yahoo in the future for M-B, BMW, Audi and other luxury auto makers. I figure that if someone is driving one of those cars they shouldn't have time to view Panoramio pictures while driving a beautiful country road at top speed.