Image-Detection and Match-Up: Copyright Infringements Connect Us?

stephenrichards

Oct 30, 2013, 1:35:00 AM10/30/13
Does the computer image-detection and match-up system "think" that this (http://www.panoramio.com/photo/42836411) picture is the same as one of my Nikon Coolpix 500 shots (http://www.flickr.com/photos/102359505@N07/9888937776/in/photolist-g4RoFb) and file it as a copyright infringement? I know this picture is just similar to, but not exactly like, one of mine.

hvbemmel

Oct 30, 2013, 1:17:28 AM10/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
please eleborate

what do you mean by computer image detection. as far as I know PA does not use that (yet)
the only persons who can file a DMCA complaint are the photo owners (copyright holders) and they should know better if it is an other photo.

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:09:50 AM UTC+1, stephenrichards wrote:
Does the computer image-detection and match-up system "think" that this (a certain one) picture is the same as one of my Nikon Coolpix 500 shots and file it as a copyright infringement? I know this picture is just similar to, but not exactly like, one of mine.
Message has been deleted

stephenrichards

stephenrichards

Oct 30, 2013, 2:09:48 AM10/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
At this web site, on your own particular web page, I just noticed that one of your own pictures (https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/4254003) looks like the two pictures I have already mentioned in my previous replies to this message!

hvbemmel

Oct 30, 2013, 2:14:24 AM10/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
First of all, the two photos you link to have no similarity at all. For other inquiries you want to make you are on the wrong place, this has nothing to do with Panoramio and certainly not with a users forum

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:52:53 AM UTC+1, stephenrichards wrote:
[...]

hvbemmel

Oct 30, 2013, 2:30:59 AM10/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
If there is any image detection program that will see similarities between those three photos, it should be stopped immediately. image detection programs like Google has or like tineye find exact the same photos. When a photo is similar just because there is a tree on it, those programs would be worthless.

As far as I´m concerned the discussion is closed.