Close to walking away...

© Tom Cooper

Mar 14, 2016, 10:02:20 AM3/14/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I used to take photos specifically to include in Panoramio.  I would even plan specific outings to locations that had no Panoramio photos.
I used to upload hundreds of photos a year.
I used to be careful to use a GPS to capture a track log of every photo outing.
I would download the track logs and use them to geolocate all of my photos.
When I uploaded, I would review the mapping for accuracy, and frequently enter a Snap To location.
I would add tags and titles and captions.
I would then go and see what my "friends" have uploaded.
I can't say I watched the stats like a hawk, but I tried to notice major trends and events.

But now...
When planning photo outings, I hardly even think of Panoramio.
In the last six months, I've uploaded less than 10 photos.
I may still carry a GPS, but I never download the track log or automatically geolocate my photos.
On the rare occasions I do upload, I will still map and will snap-to if convenient.
I still add a few tags, and titling is easy enough.
But few of my friends are uploading any more.
I can't remember the last time I looked at my stats page.

I have less and less reason to come here.  Great job, Google.

Sleipnir's Master

Mar 14, 2016, 5:32:53 PM3/14/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I would even plan specific outings to locations that had no Panoramio photos. - Dito
I used to be careful to use a GPS to capture a track log of every photo outing. - I never forget where I took a photo but I was very careful to map a photo where I was standing
I would then go and see what my "friends" have uploaded. - I try to remember! However I go on photo rants and spend hours looking through google maps on where I want to go next.

On the rare occasions I do upload, I will still map and will snap-to if convenient. - Photos are always mapped to where I was standing (to within a few feet).
But few of my friends are uploading any more. - Dito

I've stopped uploading to Pano. What's the point?

Wim Constant

Mar 14, 2016, 7:40:29 PM3/14/16
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/panoramio-questions-support/JYNyWI_rVaI
OK, I want MY photos to appear on Google Earth, but as a second choice ..... ?

tourpro

Apr 7, 2016, 10:12:41 AM4/7/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I can't agree with this more.