Calling Hampstead Heathens

Desmond Riordan

Feb 7, 2016, 10:16:40 AM2/7/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I took this picture on Hampstead Heath a couple of years ago and would love to map it. Unfortunately, although I remember taking the picture, I don't remember exactly where I was when I took it. Not much to go on, I'm afraid, just the red-brick building in the background.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/127859661

Any help in locating this building would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

ianwstokes

Feb 7, 2016, 4:34:50 PM2/7/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Take a look at this picture, it's got the building and the dead tree.

Desmond Riordan

Feb 8, 2016, 1:17:50 PM2/8/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Ian W. Stokes, it's official, you, sir, are a Flippin' Genius!

The building in the picture that you have posted the link to is definitely the one in my picture and your suggestion for the location from which I took the shot is unnervingly accurate. I can remember now that the artist had plenty of space (ie, without trees) behind her and your suggestion must be accurate to within a very few feet.

Thank you for taking the trouble to look and to carry out the necessary research. Have you ever thought of taking up a career as a detective?

Greetings to you from my exile in a wild, wet and windy Wales - Des

ianwstokes

Feb 8, 2016, 4:19:40 PM2/8/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Glad I could be of help Des. It was the white dome on the building that was the big help, then I got lucky on Google Earth, I've had quite a bit of practice though trying to locate many of my old pictures. Since I bought a GPS unit for my Pentax things have been a lot easier, although sometimes I forget to switch it on or the battery runs out.

I hope the wind has died down in Wales.

Regards
Ian