Google Local Guides and Panoramio contributions

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 23, 2015, 8:25:44 PM11/23/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
Google has introduced new programme for active users (those who provide "user's generated content") - Local Guides.

Users participating in this programme may contribute to Google with their own content - users can write reviews, add photos and new places to the Google maps, make the corrections in the maps etc.
The active users may receive ranks and rewards from Google: invitations to the events, 1 TB on Google drive for free, participation in beta testing of new services etc.

I signed up, but cannot see much when I am "signed in". In drop down (hamburger) menu on my page I can enter only "Settings" section, which allows me to set up my home  location and eventually to leave the program.
All others sections redirects me to help (section Help centre) or brings me back to the information sections of the pages for the programme introduction (sections Community and Events and Benefits), And all in all, I need not to be signed in to reach these introductory pages.

In Help section for Points, levels, and badging is written:
  1. Open the Google Maps app Google Maps for mobile icon
  2. Touch the menu Menu
  3. Touch "Your contributions"
  4. Your level and total points count will be displayed

Please note your profile may take up to 48 hours to update.

I opened hamburger menu in my (desktop version) of Google maps. In section "Your contributions" I can see some reviews I've made before and my accepted Panoramio photos, snapped to places. However, I cannot see my level there. I cannot see there my MapMaker contributions, although they shall be counted too.
This could be because my home location is not USA, but Czech Republic (and some services in less important countries my not be launched at same time as in USA), or because the full functionality is implemented only for Android smartphones (which I do not use). What is your experience about this? Can you reach your level of contribution either on desktop or mobile GM? Can any one see MapMaker contributions to be counted? Can anyone see his Panoramio photos (old or at least new) to be counted?