Is there anyone around who really cares about Panoramio?

yalican

Sep 28, 2016, 12:50:56 PM9/28/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I'didn't visit this site for years, and today I decided to see what's going on. Nothing have changed. All the mods, who threatened me once by deleting my account are still around, they are still posting photos of their panoramio meetings but there is no alive panoramio. It's dead. See you mods, I guess this site is designed for you, not for the millions who post photos from all around the world. I'm really curious to see your photos from the panoramio meeting 2020 :)))

© Tom Cooper

Sep 28, 2016, 3:40:10 PM9/28/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Mods never had the ability to delete your account.  But if your account was deleted, you deserved it.

Otherwise, you are correct, Panoramio is like a ghost town, abandoned by all except the flies and coyotes.

hvbemmel

Sep 28, 2016, 11:02:02 PM9/28/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
TFTT

madattak

Oct 12, 2016, 9:44:55 AM10/12/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I liked Panoramio. I liked the way I could track my photos right to where they were taken, and explore areas looking at all the different photos. Unfortunately the sites been neglected for years so there's very little going on now.

Adam Elmquist

Oct 12, 2016, 9:59:35 PM10/12/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I loved using the site, even though I've had some bad bunch of people over the years who even threaten me with legal action to take down my photos.  Panoramio did keep me busy for hours uploading my photos to share with the world I did love using it.  Also I learned of great locations to photograph at with those little squares in Google Earth / Maps.  Now with the new way things are those little out of the way spots will be harder to find because not everything has a Google Place, might just be a little spot in the woods that overlooked a valley those public spots thanks to the contributors will be a thing of the past..  :-(     My question will Photos that are already mapped one that will be moved to the Takeout site, stay visible on the Maps / Earth or they be removed in favor of the new Google Maps upload format.

hvbemmel

Oct 12, 2016, 11:38:05 PM10/12/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
According to the FAQ they will be staying on GM.
as for the assigning photos to POI´s, I will not be angry with you if you link that little spot to the nearest POI :-).

rained-in

Oct 14, 2016, 9:11:46 AM10/14/16
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
I will really miss panoramio. I still believe, that the UI is better than that of g-maps if you want to look at a specific place or area.
I regularly used it all the time.

ewan

Oct 15, 2016, 5:56:05 PM10/15/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
I will miss Panoramio a lot. Miss the Adventures it takes me on while siting at my work station. I have been adding photos since 2007, on my 3d or 4th camera and about a dozen photo editing software programs. A lot has changed and Google Views just doesn't have the same nostalgic charm about it. Goodbye Panoramio.

Daniela Brocca

Oct 15, 2016, 6:00:56 PM10/15/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Join us in Ipernity, a lot of us are already there.  http://www.ipernity.com/home/1061169