Open letter to Mr. McClendon

Christa1004

Sep 21, 2014, 1:15:42 PM9/21/14
to panoram...@googlegroups.com

Dear Mr. McClendon,

you wrote that you've been following some of the discussions on this forum regarding the future migration of Panoramio to Views. So you might be aware that the panoramio community does not share your enthusiasm concerning this decision. Changing to improve is ok, but stopping something that works well, to replace it with something completely new - that's NOT WHAT WE WANT!

So why Google Views' growth means death for longtime photo-sharing service? In the article by Stephen Shankland http://www.cnet.com/news/dont-panic-those-iphone-6-carrier-trade-in-deals-are-still-available/ we read that the "... little-known Panoramio service will eventually disappear..." Little-known?? Is that a joke? In the same article is written that "...Panoramio has more than 80 million images..." Is this what you call little-known?

It seems that the messages are going to be lost in the migration? Be aware that we, the users are enjoying just this, we love to show and share our photos, to mark favorites, to write comments, to make contacts, and even if is said that groups were not popular, I only can confirm the contrary (> see all the existing groups with numerous members and photos!)

WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE THAT.

The new VIEW programm seems certainly attractive, but does not give the opportunity to share and to communicate with others in the same way. 360-degree experiences are certainly fascinating, but we don't need them in our gallery, there are other programms which already offers this possibility. We want to converse, exchange, interconnect with the other users around the world.

One of the questions asked in the above article is "...So why would you want to contribute your free labor to help Google, a company that socked away $5.6 billion in cash from its operations in the second quarter? In short, vanity..." Yes, probably a little portion of vanity as well, as each artist somewhere wants to be recognized and praised. But we are also proud of our work, sometimes modest, sometimes stunning, and especially we enjoy it and have much fun to exchange with others.

So please, Mr McClendon, don't take that away from us. Let it run with VIEWS and give the choice: you'll see, we all will stay with PANORAMIO!!

An avid exclusively panoramio user,
Christa1004

Daniela Brocca

Sep 21, 2014, 4:33:14 PM9/21/14
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
There is a topic for the responses to Mr. McClendon

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/panoramio-questions-support/0Sn6Yv_OoZ4

Please copy your post there.Thanks.
This conversation is locked