Evan's on a roll, hopefully he'll fall into a hole!

Lady GooGoo La La

Sep 16, 2014, 6:03:55 PM9/16/14
to panoram...@googlegroups.com

I just got an email from Google maps telling me that my content would be upgraded to New Google maps.......oh well there's Open Street Map http://www.openstreetmap.org/

New Google Maps is hopeless!

Lady GooGoo LaLa

davidcmc58

Sep 16, 2014, 9:44:36 PM9/16/14
Lady, Evan is probably instructed by his bosses to do all these. Let's not hold personal grudge against him. I also received the same e-mail regarding the "upgrading" of my personal maps to the new "Map Engine". While one can argue that the old GM was better ( I am certainly much more familiarized with the classic GM ), at least Google has not forced everyone to link it to G+. I have 20+ personal maps created that are all set to private viewing only. As long as they remain private it will be fine with me. I am assuming that the private customized maps will remain private. Am I correct?

Lady GooGoo La La

Sep 17, 2014, 3:28:55 AM9/17/14
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
I do blame him!

New Google Maps had the option of using the old interface.  Google watch how many people preferred the old interface and few probably tried staying with the old interface
BECAUSE, users didnt know where to click to continue using the old interface.

This means, Google didnt want to give people an option, but left an escape route for big companies, and techies et al who needed the old interface.
Dont chop of the user completely bend them to where you want them to go!

I hope Google Views goes the same way as WIndows 8, for exactly the same reasons!

Lady GooGoo LaLa

papkassen

Sep 17, 2014, 6:20:59 AM9/17/14
to panoram...@googlegroups.com