Google gives Picasa the death sentence

RoarX

Feb 13, 2016, 2:57:41 PM2/13/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Google doesn't seem to want to be the owner of a proper photo sharing site. They are now finally axing Picasaweb:

http://googlephotos.blogspot.jp/2016/02/moving-on-from-picasa.html

They say we should use Google Photos, but that seem to be a private cloud storage for photos with the ability to share albums and single photos to various sharing platforms. What I want is a place to send people to see my photos, a place like Panoramio.

When or if Panoramio is taken down, Google will be without a traditional photo sharing site it seems.

hvbemmel

Feb 13, 2016, 11:56:13 PM2/13/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
Adding to that:
It seems to me that the sharing options have been minimized on GPhotos. There´s no more circles or public, just sharing over link, Facebook, Twitter and o yes, Google+ (for those who know what that is ;-) ) .
I don´t like facebook, detest twitter and G+ , really?

davidcmc58

Feb 15, 2016, 4:34:15 AM2/15/16
to Events & miscellaneous friendly chat
This really sucks! My wife and I have been using Picasa Web Album to show our family photos for years. For me it's even worse than the closure of Panoramio.