*** Announcement of next VMC theme ***

RobStamp

Jun 1, 2014, 4:03:32 PM6/1/14
To raise the awareness of the VMC, because the VMC comments thread could be ignored, this thread will just have one post each month by the MM.

The VMC is a Panoramio game, for Panoramio members, but the entry and voting does not require the use of the forum, instead being moderated from the PanoramioGames Site.
See (and vote) on photos in Voting Machine for current contest.

Here you can see who has played, and you might consider it a good idea to follow them, and see what you are missing.

Detailed information for new players.

Note for MM adding their post
When you copy the previous contest post, as a template for your own, there are the obvious edits required for month, name, and the subject / description, but a hidden one is the hyper-link on "entered photos" where you need to change "month=xx".

RobStamp

Jan 23, 2013, 5:15:49 PM1/23/13
MM for contest starting in January 2013 is Daniela Brocca

Subject: Stairs, ramps, ladders, steps

Photos of stairs, stairways, ramps, ladders, steps, any kind of architectural construction or an often portable structure consisting of two long sides crossed by parallel rungs, used to climb up and down.

See entered photos. Visit VM Site. See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links.

Message has been deleted

Daniela Brocca

Feb 9, 2013, 5:49:39 PM2/9/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Here the results of the January -February game  Stairs

The only way is up - 1e 15.0 votes
by Javerburg

Stairs or keyboards on air? - 2e 12.5    votes
by ValLus

New life in the walls... - 3e 12.0 votes
by H. Prell Márta

Stairs in Olympos - Karpathos Island, Greece - 4e 10.5votes
by effelle

gli scalini di Oia - 4e 10.5 votes
by patano

Stairs - 4e 10.5 votes
by seventhheaven

Perimeter Wall In Rhodes - 7e 10.0 votes
by RobStamp

Isola di Ponza località Piscine. - 8e 7.5 votes
by brunosma

Stairs in Sicily - 9e 7.0    votes
by Piero Genova

Scala Liberty - San Pellegrino Terme - 9e 7.0 votes
by Oliviero Masseroli

Javerburg

Feb 13, 2013, 8:22:12 AM2/13/13
MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in February 2013 is Javerburg (Jeroen Verburg)

Subject: The beauty of decay

Photos of buildings or objects that are in a state of decay: crumbling, broken, rotting, sagging, rusting, almost falling over, prefereably beyond the faintest hope of repair. It does not matter if it is a house, a train, a car, or anything else, as long as its state of decay has given it a completely different and new kind of beauty.

The contest will be open for entries Friday February 15th 2013, 21.00 hr Central European Time.

See entered photos. Visit VM Site. See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links. xx

patano

Mar 15, 2013, 4:32:45 PM3/15/13
MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in Mars 2013 is Paolo (patano) Subject: Mirror on the water
MM (Moderatore mensile) per il concorso a partire da Marzo 2013 è Paolo (patano)

Oggetto: Specchio sull'acqua

Descrizione:
Foto di laghi, fontane, piscine , canali stagni ecc. dove, quasi per magia, si riflette il mondo circostante producento immagini virtuali che si accoppiano, rovesciate,  a quelle reali  e producono  immagini sempre molto emozionanti.

Il concorso sarà aperto per le iscrizioni Venerdì 15 marzo 2013, ore 21,00 ora dell'Europa centrale.

Vedi foto inserite . Visita il sito VM . Vedere le informazioni dettagliate per i nuovi giocatori. Avvio rapido alla domanda di iscrizione, se hai giocato prima, o di avere un primo sguardo per interessi, con l'aiuto e collegamenti Regole. x

patano

Mar 15, 2013, 4:33:38 PM3/15/13
MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in Mars 2013 is Paolo (patano) Subject: Mirror on the water

Subject:
Mirror on the water

Photos of lakes, fountains, pools, ponds, etc. channels. where, as if by magic, it reflects the world around producing virtual images that mate, reversed, to the real ones and produce images always very exciting.

The contest will be open for entries Friday, March 15, 2013, at 21.00 Central European Time.

View  submitted  photos. Visit the VM. See the detailed information for new players. Quick Start with your application, if you have played before, or have a first look for interest, with the help and links Rules. x

RobStamp

Mar 23, 2013, 2:24:10 PM3/23/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paolo

I do hope you have been able to translate and understand the MM Guide. To do the task of approving the entries.

There will be no problem, as Daniela or I can easily step in to run the contest, but I would prefer that we do not have to.

Although, this time, I will be scuba diving in the Maldives, 29 March to 14 April, with no internet from the liveaboard.

patano

Apr 15, 2013, 2:47:39 AM4/15/13
MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in April 2013 is Paolo (patano)

the flight

a picture of the flight.
  the subject can be:
one or more birds, planes, hang gliders, hot air balloons, objects in the air carried by the wind and so on.

The contest will be open for entries Monday April 15, 2013, at 21.00 Central European Time until April 30th at 21.00.

View  submitted  photos. Visit the VM. See the detailed information for new players. Quick Start with your application, if you have played before, or have afirst look for interest, with the help and links Rules. x

Oliviero Masseroli

May 13, 2013, 1:43:30 PM5/13/13
MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in May 2013 is Oliviero Masseroli

Murales

Paintings on the walls of our cities and towns. Works must be in color and may contain the presence of human and animal, as well as bicycles and more.
Modern works must be painted with all possible techniques by young people of our times.

The contest will be open for entries  May 15, 2013, at 21.00 Central European Time until May 31th at 21.00.

View  submitted  photos. Visit the VM. See the detailed information for new players. Quick Start with your application, if you have played before, or have a first look for interest, with the help and links Rules. x

An example of this can be found here:

effebi

Jun 17, 2013, 8:31:07 AM6/17/13
MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in June 2013 is Effebi

                                          Young animals

In this categories are included pet animals, farm animals, wild animals, and zoo animals.
Birds and reptiles are also allowed, but not insects because it is difficult to determine the actual age.
Of course, all ALIVE!!!

Photos not selected for Google Earth are also accepted.

The contest will be open for entries  June 15, 2013, at 21.00 Central European Time until June 30th at 21.00.

See [detailed information] for new players
[Quick start] to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links.

Best wishes to the participants
--
Effebi

effebi

Jun 17, 2013, 6:52:15 AM6/17/13
VMC of June is now open!!

Good participation!

--
Effebi

effebi

Jun 30, 2013, 3:29:45 PM6/30/13
VMC June and 'closed

From 00.01 hours on Monday July 1th, have opened the voting process.(time zone-Rome)
Thanks to all the participants.

MM VMC in June

- -
effebi

©franco benf

Jul 20, 2013, 10:02:11 AM7/20/13
This is the subject of July VMC 2013

boats and ships

An environment in which there is a boat or a ship is welcome. It is not necessary that the boats or ships are important elements of the image, that's fine too but I would like a particular photo with their presence in water
You can post a photo where there is boat or ship (even more than one), including:
ship, ferry, boat, small boat, canoe, kayak, gondola, etc.

Please avoid posting photos taken inside a boat or a ship

a greetings franco

You can find the contest here: http://www.panoramiogames.com/index.php  and then select VMC

View                              >>>>>>>>>> submitted  photos. <<<<<<<<<<

Good luck to everybody

ValLus

Aug 14, 2013, 3:03:32 AM8/14/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in Aug 2013 is Vallus

Public square

Photos of public squares, large or small, where people meet, and you can admire beautiful buildings, fountains and sculptures. No details, only overall view

The contest will be open for entries Aug 15, 2013, at 00.01 Central European Time until Aug 31th at 21.00.

View submitted HYPERLINK "http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/entries-review-form.php?contest=VMC"photos. Visit the VM. See the detailed information for new players. Quick Start with your application, if you have played before, or have a first look for interest, with the help and links Rules.

Good luck to everybody

Valter

patano

Sep 13, 2013, 4:02:10 AM9/13/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

MM (Monthly Moderator) for contest starting in Sept. 2013 is Patano.

 I am anticipating the theme of VMC of September because we one day earlier to post and for recent efforts to increase participation are not undermined.

The proposed theme is

Marinas and fishing boats

Every town on the Italian coast (indeed around the world) today a shelter for small boats of tourists and fishermen. The harbor is a very busy place, full of activity, colors, scents etc..
There is also the question that the largest number of boats (and attendance) in the seaside resort covers residents of the continental areas of the sea that still employ their leisure time and holidays.

All images have certainly theme for successful participation.

The contest will be open for entries Sept. 15, 2013, at 00.01 Central European Time until Aug 30th at 21.00.

View submitted HYPERLINK "http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/entries-review-form.php?contest=VMC"photos. Visit the VM. See the detailed information for new players. Quick Start with your application, if you have played before, or have a first look for interest, with the help and links Rules.

Good luck to everybody

Paolo

patano

Sep 17, 2013, 5:07:21 AM9/17/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

The Contest of  September 2013  VMC  is                  OPEN

Marinas and fishing boats

seventhheaven

Oct 14, 2013, 8:08:05 AM10/14/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
MM for contest starting in October 2013 is seventhheaven

Subject: Autumn Sceneries

Photos that depict the beauty of Autumn season.

See entered photos. Visit VM Site. See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links.

Tomros

Nov 5, 2013, 10:55:07 PM11/5/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.panoramiogames.com

Try reloading: www.­panoramiogames.­com

today, the VM link is not working, hope it is temporary!

RobStamp

Nov 6, 2013, 5:16:40 AM11/6/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Wim's server is down. He is at work. His home telephone is dead too. We just have to wait for him to solve the problem.

Daniela Brocca

Nov 6, 2013, 7:18:39 AM11/6/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Not yet.

franco benf

Nov 6, 2013, 1:30:20 PM11/6/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
now it seems to work

effeelle

Nov 10, 2013, 10:44:44 AM11/10/13
..... and now ....  WATER !!!!!!   Landscapes with starring water

Everything about water: rivers, seas, oceans, falls, fountains, lakes & ponds ...

 ***no macro shots and close-ups too***

IMPORTANT: the main subject in the landscape must be water!!

Have a nice contest!

Lalla

effeelle

Nov 30, 2013, 5:53:44 PM11/30/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
   Landscapes with starring water    --  Voting phase is open!!!!

Message has been deleted

effeelle

Dec 10, 2013, 7:53:38 AM12/10/13
Landscapes with starring water    --  Voting phase is closed!

The winner is

SEVENTHHEAVEN!!!!

seventhheaven

Dec 14, 2013, 8:14:25 AM12/14/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
MM for contest starting in Decembr 2013 is seventhheaven

Subject: Patterns

Photos that capture the repetition of lines, shapes, tones or color with emphasizing on repetition or breaking it.

Javerburg

Dec 16, 2013, 4:14:13 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
On the Voting Machine Site the info for the running VMC says "Voting is due to start on 31-Jan". I suppose that is a typo?

Daniela Brocca

Dec 16, 2013, 4:25:49 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok, is 31th of December. I will correct it. I corrected also the TTT.Is until the 24th.

Daniela Brocca

Dec 16, 2013, 4:28:56 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I see the 31th of December, where  did you see January?

Javerburg

Dec 16, 2013, 4:34:06 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
When I open this page:

votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/votingmachines/autoVM.php?contest=VMC

First line of text on the page (top left).

Javerburg

Dec 16, 2013, 4:37:28 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
As for the ending of the TTT, I planned to have it end on December 23, because December 24 is Christmas Eve, and I do not want to spend that at the PC closing the contest and making the result posts. I put Dec 23 as the closing date in my opening post, I hope there is no problem with moving the closing date one day?

Daniela Brocca

Dec 16, 2013, 4:48:54 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
This is not something I can reach, it's Rob or Wim. The important one is in the Contest Central, that shows in the home page.

Daniela Brocca

Dec 16, 2013, 4:50:07 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok, I think we can do it. I will change it again.

©franco benf

Jan 12, 2014, 6:39:21 PM1/12/14
MM for contest in January 2014 is franco benf

Subject:        - minimalism -
One click by simple shapes generally derived from elementary geometry and on a few essential elements, they can be used even materials of modern industrial technology

Quick Start   to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links

Best wishes to the participants

franco.

Javerburg

Feb 13, 2014, 2:12:18 PM2/13/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
This month's VMC we're looking for

fog, mist and haze.

It doesn't matter if it is forest, city, coast or mountain (or even anything else) as long as it is full of fog, creating those mysterious circumstances every photographer loves to shoot.

Visit the Voting Machine site to enter the challenge: http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/index.php

Entry phase starts February 15th at 22:00h.

Quick Start   to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links

See you all at the VMC!

Jeroen/Javerburg

Tomros

Mar 12, 2014, 10:34:59 PM3/12/14
Thanks for all the votes and half votes!!

The photo I have entered was quite popular in my gallery, but still, I was pleasantly surprised to find it in the first place today!

VMC Theme for next month is Creative and Original Urban Composition.

Check here: http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/

What I mean by that, is to include in your average street shot something, which is not normally there.

Well placed bicycle, unusual poster, a person who just fits perfectly into the chosen environment.

In short, something or someone introducing a visual interest or  juxtaposition to give your photo wit and freshness.

There are no really restrictions other than:

Urban outdoor setting

No obviously arranged photo

Colour or B&W are OK or anything in between!

and one more  restriction:

Do not enter a photo that has won first place in any previous NPC style Panoramio run Contest.

Please make aware your fellow Panoramaniacs of this game and promote it so this will become second most popular contest. (I like SPC the best).

Tomros

Mar 29, 2014, 10:25:39 AM3/29/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Last chance to enter the VMC March-April contest until 30 March.

The Entry form only needs Title and Photo Id

The Registration form requires minimal details.

Theme for this month is Creative and Original Urban Composition.

Last chance to win and brag to your loved ones. (they do not care a bit, I know)

Only 32 Entries, so far, so there is much better chance to win here, than the million dollars lottery.

And do not forget to vote. In the VMC, an entrant loses 1 vote, if they do not vote.

Also note that orange (1/2) votes count too.

good luck, to you!

Tomros

Apr 9, 2014, 10:50:00 PM4/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to all for participating!

Congratulation to the winner Marlene

#19 - THE CHICAGO RIVER ~ All Dressed Up for St. Patrick's Day!

<entry#> 19 <photoId> 104461148

Congratulation to the close runner up

Piero Genova and Oliviero Masseroli

Marlene will hopefully be the moderator of the next VMC with a challenging new topic.

Tomas

Piero Genova

Apr 11, 2014, 9:59:27 AM4/11/14
MM for contest starting in April 2014 is Piero Genova

Theme
is...

                                                                 DETAILS

It seems very simple: detail is “a part of a whole”. But when I tried searching on the internet the concept of detail shot, I found more than one interpretation of the matter.

Well, here I ask you to join in with a picture that somehow represents your concept (or one of your concepts) of detail in photography (a picture that, of course, is also pretty enough to easily win this Contest…). Any kind of detail is accepted, if you believe it is actually a detail Please contact me for any question!

See entered photos. Visit VM Site. See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links.

“See” you soon on the VM.

Good luck to all!

Piero

Piero Genova

Apr 15, 2014, 8:08:00 AM4/15/14

Hi everybody!

The April 2014 Voting Machine Contest

DETAILS

is now OPEN FOR ENTRIES!

Post your picture from 00:01 April 15th, until 23:59 April 30th.

You can find the contest at the VM Site (select VMC).

Piero

Piero Genova

May 9, 2014, 6:01:36 PM5/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

April 2014 VMC IS NOW CLOSED

View the TOP TEN or see the results in detail here

A big thanks to all participants for posting so many beautiful photos, and great congratulations to steve111 for winning the race! I hope he will assume the responsibility for moderating the next edition of VMC.

Warm wishes to you all!

Piero

steve111

May 15, 2014, 5:50:58 AM5/15/14
Piero thanks for a great subject i wish to thank all who took part in the whole contest. i got a shock when i could finally see what was happening between Ken and my self it was a very interesting tussle i am honored Ken by just how good your photo was certainly one i voted for.  i do not think any one photo is better than any other all where of a very high standard.  i will with some help gladly moderate the next months contest with some help from those that know what to do. i have lived and worked in the heart of Fremantle for the last 4 years and have watched with interest but never though of them further. this sparked the idea behind this my topic for next month.

 "Street Entertainers"

By way of entertainers i mean Musicians and Theatrical. i have to go back and get some from the camera view my self. i hope this topic  is one that is easy for all to get a photo. my only wish is you try and keep it simple and best to no more than two or three people better one person a true entertainer. as you can see in both these shots we see the whole entertainer not just a head and shoulders shot.

[Steve](http://www.panoramio.com/photo/60458800) hard at work

kenfowkes

May 10, 2014, 9:50:29 PM5/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Steve, and thank you for the nice words and the vote too!  I agree that Piero picked an excellent theme.  We got a lot of wonderful submissions, and I had more trouble this month than ever before getting my selections down to the allowed 5.  Look how close the votes were!  A fun contest for sure.  I look forward to "Street Entertainers".

~Marlene~

Jun 1, 2014, 3:30:52 PM6/1/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice to have a link here to the VMC!!!

Daniela Brocca

Jun 1, 2014, 5:14:42 PM6/1/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/index.php  here.

you can find it in the first post  of Rob, with others useful links

~Marlene~

Jun 1, 2014, 10:07:46 PM6/1/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Daniela! :-)

©franco benf

Jun 14, 2014, 3:56:40 AM6/14/14

MM for contest in   June 2014 is franco benf

                                                                                   colors in the world * 2014 *

 However, beyond these aspects, colors also convey values, there is a real symbolism of colors that varies from culture to culture, according to different traditions.

 The use of colors is very important also in the photograph

Sometimes words are not enough. And then you need the colors and ...... a beautiful photo

Given the broad topic, I wish that the photos have not been entered in previous competitions, thanks for your cooperation

Message has been deleted

©franco benf

Jul 9, 2014, 6:10:22 PM7/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
VMC has finished, view the Top Ten or see the results in detail

Hi Everybody,

Here are the top five

1 - #36 - gezginruh - 23.5 votes
rainbow colors...

2 - #3 - ©franco benf - 20.0 votes
"Babbucce" marocchine

3 - #26 - sistuccio - 17.0 votes
Lavender

4 - #21 - ►gu®iga56◄ - 16.0 votes
Felhőkig érő pipacsok / Clouds reaching poppies

5 - #8 - patano - 13.5 votes
OIA a colori

5 - #32 - crina.stanciu - 13.5 votes
"The Red Mountain" is pink :)!

 Thanks to all participants
franco

gezginruh

Jul 10, 2014, 6:47:18 AM7/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hi  I’m Füsun (gezginruh)  I am really excited  and happy  about the result.  Thank you to all who have  voted for my photo.  It is a great honour  for me. Congrats to  the first five.( franco benf, sistuccio, ►gu®iga56◄, patano, crina.stanciu)

I can announce  the next theme as soon as possible.  I have some ideas on my mind. But I  also have some problems. First  I have no idea what I must do to moderate this competition .  And second  I will be on holiday for two weeks between  July 30  and August 15.

So I need some information about this.  So I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your sincerely.  Füsun

Daniela Brocca

Jul 10, 2014, 4:53:57 PM7/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Take a look in the VM and you will find what the moderator has to do, Füsun.  And you will see it need only a look every day to accept the photos or not. Will you not have any connection in the holiday?

gezginruh

Jul 11, 2014, 4:18:22 AM7/11/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for your understanding. Now I can choose the topic for this month and yes check the entries on topic during the holiday.

I have some ideas I'm thinking about.

- Station buildings
- Viaducts
- Castles

I tend to favor Station buildings. Please note what are you thinking about these topics.

Piero Genova

Jul 11, 2014, 4:54:58 AM7/11/14

Il giorno venerdì 11 luglio 2014 10:18:22 UTC+2, gezginruh ha scritto:

I tend to favor Station buildings. Please note what are you thinking about these topics.

Hi Füsun,
I think
they are all nice topics.

About "Station buildings",
I personally would prefer something more generic like "Stations" however specifying the limitation to the train, metro and bus stations and including photos of details.

But you're our MM, and your final choice will be fine anyway. :)

Best wishes, Piero

Daniela Brocca

Tomros

Jul 11, 2014, 6:34:11 PM7/11/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I just choose a topic for SPC 66 which may include some interior railway stations or  airport hall shots.

I do like specific theme, rather then general. I think the tighter the competition, the better. On the other hand, I understand that more participation is desirable.

If your topic will be exterior only, we will not overlap.

There was Castle topic not that long ago.

I would be happy with viaducts too, as I uploaded recently photo, which generate positive response. ;-)
----
Hi Daniela,

Thank you for your understanding. Now I can choose the topic for this month and yes check the entries on topic during the holiday.

I have some ideas I'm thinking about.

- Station buildings
- Viaducts
- Castles

I tend to favor Station buildings. Please note what are you thinking about these topics.

gezginruh

Jul 12, 2014, 3:30:41 PM7/12/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

MM for contest starting in July 2014 is Gezginruh

Theme  is...
                                  Station Buildings

The aim is to show some of the architecture which has helped the movement of passengers (and goods) around our countries by way of metal wheels on metal rails.   This includes railways, metro and tramways.
Station: - a place where passenger trains stop on a railway line, typically with platforms and buildings.  There must exist at least one set of metal rails for the train, (or other land conveyance), to run on.
Building: - a structure enclosed within exterior walls and a roof. It is typically used principally to provide services to passengers, but could include goods sheds, etc.  Note that a platform is not a building!

Hints:-
- If the rails are not visible in the picture, then the purpose of the location must be obvious from the surroundings.  (For example, a sign which says ‘station’, ‘tram’, ‘metro’ or similar, footbridge, platforms, luggage trolleys, railway signals, timetables, etc)
- There is no requirement to have a train, tram, or metro carriage, actually present on the picture, providing the other requirements are met..
- Inside or outside is OK.
- It would help any dispute over ‘off topic’ if the picture were mapped, so its location can be verified.

Excluded (ie off topic):
-  Bus stations, places where people congregate, research stations, any other definition of the word ‘Station’.
- Places where there are no metal rails.
- Stopping places with rails, but no buildings, (or where the building is not visible), eg tram stops
- Stopping places with rails, but where the building is not visible, eg the end of a station platform
- Steel bus shelters used on railway or metro platforms
- Railway viaducts, and other such architecture, where no station is present.
Please contact me for any question!

 Visit VM Site to enter the challenge. See detailed information for new players.

“See” you soon on the VM.
Good luck to all!
Füsun
The contest will be open for entries July 15, 2014, at 00.01 Central European Time .

RobStamp

Aug 10, 2014, 4:16:47 AM8/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

VMC has finished, view the Top Ten or see the Results in detail.
Also, for the next Monthly Moderator, there is this Guide.

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations to Peter, his first time entry to VMC. I realy liked the way the steam filled the space between chimneys and tree.

Here are the top five

1 - #3 - Peter_private_box - 29.0 votes
Cheddleton Station

2 - #2 - Erhard Bernstein - 24.0 votes
Berlin Hauptbahnhof

3 - #21 - gezginruh - 15.5 votes
The Railway Children station

4 - #20 - saykut - 14.0 votes
Schleisches Tor Station,Berlin

5 - #9 - Tomros - 13.0 votes
All the rails leads to Prague Wilson Railway Station!

5 - #14 - brunosma - 13.0 votes
Stazione di Primolano - Treni a confronto.

Peter_private_box

Aug 10, 2014, 5:40:58 AM8/10/14

Please can I say that I am very honoured to win this, and say a big ‘thank you’ to those who voted for me.  Let me also pass my congratulations to the runners up, Erhard, Gezginruh, and Saykut, for their interesting and excellent pictures.  I must also thank Gezginruh for moderating an interesting and different topic.

I will post my idea for the next VMC below, but before I formally agree, I must try to understand this VMC software, as I have not used it before.  Therefore I welcome any guidance from anywhere!

Best Wishes

Peter

Message has been deleted

Peter_private_box

Aug 10, 2014, 5:55:30 AM8/10/14

IDEA for VMC  starting August 2014  (Maybe subject to changes later)

“A picture which conveys the idea of movement”

Pictures convey many different ideas, eg solitude, love, romance, etc. The theme of this VMC is to produce a picture which conveys the idea of movement.  Please be well aware that this is NOT the same as “A picture of something which is moving”.

When we see a picture, we interpret it in the light of our understanding of the world, therefore we subconsciously look for clues in the picture to explain it to us.  For example, if we see a picture of a boat leaving a trail behind it in the water, and we know that boats moving through the water leave a trail, so then we instantly deduce that the boat is moving.  If there was no trail, we would deduce that the boat is not moving.  Other examples would be a motorbike leaning over to go round a corner, or the      vapour trail behind a steam locomotive  .

There are two kinds of evidence of movement:

Direct evidence is features of the picture which explain the movement by means of the laws of science.  This could be illustrated by the examples quoted above.

Indirect evidence is features of the picture which explain movement by context.  For example a picture of an electric train may have no direct evidence as to if it is moving or not, but if we show it leaning over to go round a curve in the track, and there is no station there, then it can be assumed to be moving because of its situation.

In this contest I must see some direct evidence of movement in the picture.   This can be emphasized by indirect evidence if you wish.    For example, a photo of an athlete running contains direct evidence of them being in a running pose, have signs of strain on their face, and hair blowing back, supported by the indirect evidence (context) of the race numbers on their clothes, other athletes in the picture, a crowd waving flags to support them, etc.  The aim of this VMC is to show the direct evidence of movement.  The extra indirect evidence may well make for the winning picture!

Some other ideas:

People or animals running   (except horses)

Birds flying  (or anything else in the air)

Watercraft leaving a trail behind them

Most kinds of sport  (probably not darts!)

Bicycles or motorbikes, particularly going round corners

A panned shot blurring the background and leaving the subject sharp

A time exposure shot blurring the subject and leaving everything else sharp

Excluded  (ie Off Topic):

Moving water.  This has been used before, and is difficult to define.

Horses.  We recently had horses in NPC

Static vehicles.  We just had transport in TTT.  In fact most pictures submitted did not convey the idea of movement, so I see no conflict with this competition.

Buildings, landscapes, trees, plants, flowers.

A picture of something which can move (eg a tramcar), but with no DIRECT evidence that it is moving.

Peter_private_box

Sep 9, 2014, 5:58:22 PM9/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everybody,

It is my pleasure to declare the VMC  “A picture which conveys the idea of movement” closed.

As I do not know how to operate the ‘Voting Machine’ (The instruction sheet is almost non existent on this topic) I cannot declare the official result.  However I can say that unofficially the winner is  ‘c0l0gne1’ with a magnificent picture of a sea eagle.  I will leave it to one of the full time moderators to make a formal announcement of the results, and say a big ‘Thank You’ to everyone who played.  I really enjoyed seeing such a range of pictures!

Best Wishes

Peter

Daniela Brocca

Sep 9, 2014, 6:23:06 PM9/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

VMC has finished, view the Top Ten or see the Results in detail.
Also, for the next Monthly Moderator, there is this Guide.

Hi Everybody,

Here are the top five

1 - #2 - ♠ c0l0gne1 ♣ - 26.0 votes
Sea eagle hunting for fish

2 - #25 - Oliviero Masseroli - 24.0 votes
Russian ballet

3 - #34 - C. Johnston - 17.5 votes
Wild Ride

4 - #13 - Peter_private_box - 17.0 votes
Olympic cycling 2012. Team Great Britain!

5 - #31 - MarioTs - 16.0 votes
Motorbikes and Minarets

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 10, 2014, 10:36:16 AM9/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this is a surprise!
Thank you everybody for your votes and thank you Peter for choosing the topic and moderating! I'd also like to congratulate the other participants, so many beautiful photos:-)

I've never moderated before but I'll try my best. Now I'm going to think about a subject;-)

Greetings, Gudrun

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 11, 2014, 10:52:06 AM9/11/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
MM for contest starting in September 2014 is c0l0gne1

Theme
is...

                                                                Perspective: vanishing point

Definition:
In graphical perspective, a vanishing point is a point in the picture plane that is the intersection of the projections of a set of parallel lines in space on to the picture plane (Wikipedia).
Examples:
Photos of roads, railway tracks, buildings (inside and outside), tree avenues etc. converging in the distance.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

See entered photos. Visit VM Site. See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with Help and Rules links.

“See” you soon on the VM.

Good luck to all!

Gudrun

Daniela Brocca

Sep 11, 2014, 12:26:45 PM9/11/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gudrun, as the subject  it's a bit difficult to understand   could you post some example, please?

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 11, 2014, 2:17:38 PM9/11/14
Vanishing point (D:Fluchtpunkt, I: punto di fuga, F: pointe de fuite):

Good examples can be found in the Wiki article on perspective- scroll down to the photos under one-point-perspective.

Two more examples:

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 15, 2014, 1:27:18 AM9/15/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody!

The September 2014 Voting Machine Contest

Perspective: Vanishing Point

is now OPEN FOR ENTRIES!

Post your picture from 00:01 September 15th, until 23:59 September 30th.

You can find the contest at the VM Site (select VMC).

Gudrun

c0l0gne1-Views, no thanks!

Sep 26, 2014, 1:04:25 PM9/26/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
4 more days to post your photos to the VMC - Perspective: vanishing point.

Take the opportunity to show Google that the Panoramio community is alive!

c0l0gne1-Views, no thanks!

Oct 9, 2014, 6:10:34 PM10/9/14

VMC has finished, view the Top Ten or see the Results in detail.
Also, for the next Monthly Moderator, there is this Guide.

Hi Everybody,

Here are the top five

1 - #28 - uni* - 21.0 votes
Looking forward to a rich harvest of potatoes

2 - #13 - ☼❄ bergkristall ❆☼ - 19.5 votes
Seebrücke Boltenhagen

3 - #3 - ©franco benf - 15.5 votes
Gum magazine Moscow

3 - #6 - patano - 15.5 votes
perspective in Sultan Quabos mosque in Maskat

3 - #7 - ♠ c0l0gne1 ♣ - 15.5 votes
Alter Elbtunnel

3 - #16 - ~Marlene~ - 15.5 votes
UNDERGROUND ~ The Red Line

Congratulations to uni* and to the runners up, thank you to all participants!

uni*

Oct 11, 2014, 9:00:37 AM10/11/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for all the votes and a big thankyou to Gudrun for the pleasant topic last month.

VMC theme for next month is

Cobbles or cobbled streets / squares

Here you find many examples and suggestions

See entered photos. Visit VM Site. See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with help and rules.

Best of luck

steve111

Oct 13, 2014, 9:00:34 AM10/13/14

Uni

thanks for choosing a topic that is truly European yes i have traveled Europe  and know it well but does not help me in colonial land, this is suppose to be a world wide topic for all photographers.  you will get a colonial scene not like by European votes but i will be there. never ceases to amaze me how Europe forgets about the rest of the world. did i choose kangaroos or surfing i chose a world topic on the other hand Europe forgets the rest of the world Sad Really.

Steve

uni*

Oct 13, 2014, 11:50:05 AM10/13/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

I found some matching pictures on your account.  For example this one

Have a nice day, Uni

~Marlene~ No Views!

Oct 13, 2014, 2:24:50 PM10/13/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you'll find too many cobbled streets in the U.S., Uni… although there may be a few on the far east coast, left over from the time of the revolution! :-)

steve111

Oct 14, 2014, 5:08:49 AM10/14/14

On Monday, October 13, 2014 10:50:05 AM UTC-5, uni* wrote:
Hi Steve,

I found some matching pictures on your account.  For example this one

Have a nice day, Uni

Uni

there is no way that is cobbled as i know from my trip to Europe not small not rounded at all. what you are looking at is flat paving if you call this "cobbled" you might want to include paved in the title.  i have lots of  paved areas so you are going to count this as "cobbled" this is easy.   Steve

uni*

Oct 14, 2014, 6:33:19 AM10/14/14
Already done Steve! Take a look at VCM Contest details:

Welcome are photos (monochrome or coloured) of cobbles, cobble-stone pavement, cobbled or paved streets, paths, yards and squares.
No indoor photos please!!

So good luck in the contest to everybody :))

Uni

~Marlene~ No Views!

Oct 14, 2014, 12:50:10 PM10/14/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uni… would this shot qualify? http://www.panoramio.com/photo/109165193 It is literally the only thing I could find in my whole gallery!

uni*

Oct 14, 2014, 2:02:59 PM10/14/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Yes of course Marlene!!

And I'll give you a hint... may be a good reason to take some new pictures in front of the Licoln Memorial -;)
Good luck!!

~Marlene~ No Views!

Oct 14, 2014, 6:39:41 PM10/14/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Uni! :-)

uni*

Oct 15, 2014, 3:17:03 AM10/15/14

                                                              The October 2014 Voting Machine Contest

cobbled or paved

is open for entries!

Welcome are photos (monochrome or coloured) of cobbles, cobble-stone pavement, cobbled or paved streets, paths, yards and squares.
No indoor photos please!

Post your picture from October 15th, until 21:59 October 31th.

You can find the contest at the VM Site (select VMC).

Here you find many examples and suggestions.
See entered photos.  See detailed information for new players. Quick start to the entry form if you have played before, or to have a first look for interest, with help and rules.

Best of luck

unnippillai

Oct 15, 2014, 3:53:48 AM10/15/14
Can I enter the photo shown here .......I find no other picture in my gallery which suits[http://www.panoramio.com/photo/94036807]

uni*

Oct 15, 2014, 3:57:12 AM10/15/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Yes of course unnippillai
Good luck!

uni*

Nov 10, 2014, 3:30:47 AM11/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
VMC has finished, view the Top Ten or see the Results in detail.
Also, for the next Monthly Moderator, there is this Guide.

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations to gezginruh and the top ten. Many thanks to all participants!

Here are the top five

1 - #11 - gezginruh - 29.0 votes
a long way

2 - #18 - Oliviero Masseroli - 25.5 votes
Nei vicoli di Alfama - Lisbona

3 - #7 - Piero Genova - 23.0 votes
San Mauro Castelverde, Italy

4 - #19 - ►gu®iga56◄ - 22.5 votes
Gül Baba utca / Gül Baba street

5 - #24 - © Luciano .F. - 17.5 votes
Antiche vie a S.Agata Feltria

gezginruh

Nov 10, 2014, 12:56:37 PM11/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hi  I’m Füsun (gezginruh)  I am really excited  and happy  about the results. SPC and VMC!

Thank you to all who have  voted for my photo.  It is a great honour  for me. Congrats to  the first five.(Oliviero Masseroli, Piero Genova, ►gu®iga56◄,© Luciano .F.)

I will announce  the next theme as soon as possible.

Best wishes. Füsun

Message has been deleted

gezginruh

Nov 14, 2014, 6:42:04 AM11/14/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

2014 November VMC  - Name Boards

Hi everybody my name is Füsun (Gezginruh). I am the moderator of this month's Voting Machine Contest.

Subject:  “Name Boards”

Details and hints:
The requirement is very simple, “The name of the place (eg railway station, bus station, street, etc) must clearly exist in the picture”.
This can be a picture of the sign itself, a picture of the place generally, or some other creative idea which includes the name of the place.
For example
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19272128  (Maison de l’ energie, Montpellier)

Hint:

The subject is obvious!
The words visible must name the place where the picture is taken.  Words relating to other places, adverts, etc  are off topic.

Off Topic  would be:

The name is not visible http://www.panoramio.com/photo/109789771  (Lucerne)
The name is not readable http://www.panoramio.com/photo/104067792 (Carlisle)

Direction signs to other places http://www.panoramio.com/photo/31410134

Words or place name photoshopped in after the picture was taken.

Good luck to all!

Füsun

The contest will be open for entries  November 15, 2014, at 00.01 Central European Time .

gezginruh

Nov 30, 2014, 7:05:26 AM11/30/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hello everybody,

Today is the last day for entry  in VMC!

Füsun

gezginruh

Nov 30, 2014, 4:19:15 PM11/30/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

VMC   ENTRY PERIOD IS CLOSED !

VOTING PHASE is open until December, 9th, at 00:01    Central European Time

gezginruh

Dec 9, 2014, 5:32:47 PM12/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hello everybody,

VMC has finished. As I do not know how to operate the ‘Voting Machine I can’t announce the official results. I will leave this formal announcement to the moderators. But unofficially I can say the winner is Peter private box
Congratulations to  Peter private box  and the top ten  and thank you very much to all participants.

RobStamp to-ipernity

Dec 9, 2014, 5:42:56 PM12/9/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

VMC has finished, view the Top Ten or see the Results in detail.
Also, for the next Monthly Moderator, there is this Guide.

Hi Everybody,

Here are the top five

1 - #10 - Peter_private_box - 27.0 votes
Highley Station

2 - #24 - saykut - 19.0 votes
The time at Brienz

3 - #27 - Tomros - 16.0 votes
Hard Rock Cafe, Vaci Street, Budapest

4 - #1 - patano - 14.0 votes
freccia bianca a Genova

5 - #29 - brko.jabuka - 13.5 votes
Sakule, European village of storks

Peter_private_box

Dec 10, 2014, 3:34:54 PM12/10/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everybody!!

May I say a big 'Thank You' to everybody who voted for me in this contest, congratulations to Saykut for an excellent second place, and a very special 'thank you' to Gezginruh for organising such a nice competition.  I am very honoured to have won!

As for a topic for next month, I am thinking of    Electricity in action.

The subject of the picture must be powered by electricity (solar, battery, mains, or any other means of supply), or for the generation and distribution of electricity.  It must be working at the time the picture was taken.

We use Electricity for almost everything, so to find a suitable picture should not be difficult, even at this time of the year when we cannot go outside much for scenic photos.   I will give you more details over the next few days.

Best Wishes

Peter

Peter_private_box

Dec 12, 2014, 3:40:11 PM12/12/14
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

2014 December VMC  -  ‘Electricity in Action’

Hi everybody my name is Peter. I am the moderator of this month's Voting Machine Contest

Subject:  Electricity in action.

 The subject of the picture must be powered by electricity (solar, battery, mains, or any other means of supply), or for the generation and distribution of electricity.  It must be working at the time the picture was taken.

 Hints and ideas

2)      Computer screen displaying something.

3)      Lights, including street lights, traffic lights and railway signals

4)      Traditional or mobile phones being used (but the phone must be the prominent item in the picture, not the person)

5)      Electric power tools being used, (but the tool must be the prominent item in the picture, not the person)

6)      Electric toys (but the toy must be the prominent item in the picture, not a person)

7)      Electricity generation, including wind farms

8)      Electric pylons, telegraph poles, insulators, etc

Off Topic

1)      Christmas (or other religious festival) decorations.  This is the subject of current CFP in Romania.

2)      Buildings or fountains illuminated by electricity. (The building is the subject, not the lights)

3)      Motor cars (even electric ones)

4)      Anything which is not working.

5)     Photographs of people with cameras. (This was the subject of May NPC)

6)    The subject is not powered by electricity!

 Entry period:  December 15  to December 31, 23:59 UK time

Voting period: January 1 to January 9, 23:00 UK time

However the exact time may have to change later, as we have New Year Celebrations!

 Best Wishes for the coming holidays and for next year!

Peter

Peter_private_box

Dec 14, 2014, 3:43:35 PM12/14/14

Voting Machine Contest (VMC)

My name is Peter, and I am the moderator of this December 2014 VMC

Topic of VMC "Electricity in Action". Duration: December 15 – January 9, 2015

Details of the topic were posted in this forum on December 12th, and also appear in the games machine.

Post your entries, View and vote at the Rob's Panoramio games machine:

(http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com)

Entry period:  December 15  to December 31, 23:59 UK time

Voting period: January 1 to January 9, 23:00 UK time

However the exact time may have to change later, as we have New Year Celebrations!

Further instructions - see  Rob's first post (always the moderator's right hand)

Any questions or comments about this contest can be made at ***VMC questions and comments forum***

Good luck to all the friends who want to participate! And encourage all your Panoramio friends to submit photos to this contest.

Please use your Panoramio correspondence to promote this contest. I will do my best to attract more contestants.

It's a challenge - may the best photo win!

Good luck,

Peter

P.S.  Since the closing time coincides with New Year celebrations, it is quite possible that I may have to close the contest a few hours early, therefore I have started it three hours early tonight.

Peter_private_box

Dec 31, 2014, 1:15:55 PM12/31/14

Hello Everybody,

Thank you so much to everybody who has entered this contest.  There are many interesting and very good pictures.

Since tonight will see the celebration of New Year, I will close the entry period at 21:00hrs England time tonight.  Therefore if anyone has a further entry or change, please submit as soon as possible.

My I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Best Wishes

Peter

steve111

Jan 14, 2015, 11:28:38 AM1/14/15
 hi my name is Steve111 for those that wish to play the  VMC game what i propose is that the subject is the Golden Hour. this happens at sun rise and sunset time but this is not to be a sunrise or sunset photo but using the golden light of that time. this is all about light painting with golden light as per the examples below your back is to the sun. i fully suggest you look at the photos below before you choose a photos.

or

or

 or

i hope that you like me use that light to good effect to capture the stunning photos in a golden light. what would be off topic is a sunrise photo or a sunset photo. i hope the subject is easy and self evident to capture for every body.

Steve

pumpumma

Feb 13, 2015, 4:06:49 PM2/13/15
Here we are!

The topic of the month is "Post-card picture", we're on Panoramio so I ask for the best scenery ever made. No matter the subject: sea, mountain, desert, city, street..... the one you like more, the post-card you would like to send to a friend from your holiday.

Off Topic: no details. no collages

Hope to see a lot of photographers participate, enjoy!

Maria Grazia

Петар Бојић

Feb 14, 2015, 2:18:00 AM2/14/15
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
 I  would like to congratulate Maria Grazia with her well deserved victory in the last VMC!

I have one question: A large number of postcards is collage. Are collages allowed in this VMC?

Petar

Daniela Brocca

Feb 14, 2015, 7:13:20 AM2/14/15
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
No Petar, collages are never allowed. th theme is a landscape  that could be a post-card.Please read the rules again.

Петар Бојић

Feb 14, 2015, 12:29:20 PM2/14/15
Hi Daniela!

 If these are (http://votingmachines.panoramiogames.com/rules.php?contest=VMC) (which have already been read)  in them do not speak to collages are never allowed. It also does not say that they have never allowed collages in (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/panoramio-games-competitions/I6xEuephqsY/_d8lFd8JSFMJ). I only stated that many postcard collages. Monthly moderator may be able to make an exception to the rule, why not? And some previous MM made them, is not it?

Petar

Daniela Brocca

Feb 14, 2015, 1:11:30 PM2/14/15

Petar, collages are not allowed in Panoramio, take a look at the rules of Panoramio, not the games . Why should you participate with a collage if the theme is a landscape I don't  understand

Maria Grazia will add them to the off-topics
It is loading more messages.