Game: around the world by 200 km in 200 km

fabrizio.reale

Mar 12, 2009, 7:07:26 AM3/12/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I propose you a new game...

The goal is to create a photographic journey that will crosses the whole planet.

RULES:

You can participate by publishing photographs that :
1) are located within 200 km in the case of towns or areas with high photo density

2) are located at higher distance (250 - 500 km) in the case of low photo density areas (desert areas of various kinds)

3) To navigate the seas can be published pictures from a coastline to another one ( no km limit ). the photo of departure and arrival must be as topic coastal shots, port cities, harbour and similiar .

This is our departure point:

Napoli (Naples), Italy

Quote:

Our journey:
Napoli, Italy ( 0 km )
Pompei, Italy (27km)
Sorrento, Italy(28km - TOTAL: 65 km )
Penhelig, Wales, UK (1920 km** - by sea - TOTAL: 1985) ** this is the exact distance and not a sea-journey
Snowdon,UK ( 100 km, TOTAL 2085 km )

tashimelampo

Mar 12, 2009, 5:38:12 PM3/12/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com

Pompei, Italy

fabrizio.reale

Mar 13, 2009, 12:35:11 PM3/13/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sorrento, Italy

I remember you that this is an harbour shot ... the next photo that you'll post will can have as topic a place within 200 km or a seaside in every part of the world

Matthew Winn

Mar 13, 2009, 4:01:07 PM3/13/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
In that case let's hop over to the west coast of Wales. Penhelig.

Geoff Slack

Mar 13, 2009, 4:34:16 PM3/13/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Lets travel 100 km North East to Snowdon:

elmambo

Mar 26, 2009, 10:04:31 AM3/26/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
exactly 200 km...travelling ESE...and we can reach LEICESTER!

ciao, elmambo.

©Bruno Tortarolo

Mar 28, 2009, 4:34:59 AM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
103 miles (aprox 170 km) heading for south you reach London.

tashimelampo

Mar 28, 2009, 6:17:53 AM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
256 Nautical miles (475 Km.) heading for S.West you reach Brest harbour, France

©Bruno Tortarolo

Mar 28, 2009, 6:36:30 AM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
233 km heading East and you can find Saint Malo.

tashimelampo

Mar 28, 2009, 7:25:02 AM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
80 Km. heading South you can find-The Merlin's Grave, at Paimpont

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Mar 28, 2009, 9:42:38 AM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Approximately 200 km to the north you can find St. Peter Port on Guernsey, Channel Islands:

tashimelampo

Mar 28, 2009, 10:14:29 AM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
170km. to south-west you reach L'Aber-Wrac'h Bretagne

leolund

Mar 28, 2009, 2:20:37 PM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Let's leave Europe and take a boat to Stonetown range">Zanzibar !

Aldo Ferretto

Mar 28, 2009, 4:01:37 PM3/28/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Changu Island few chilometers in front of Stonetown-Zanzibar

©Bruno Tortarolo

Apr 3, 2009, 5:58:57 AM4/3/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Let's take a plane and go back to France, Antibes...Cote d'Azur.

tashimelampo

Apr 3, 2009, 4:34:13 PM4/3/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
We wrecked in Douarnenez,,Port Rhu, France

©Bruno Tortarolo

Apr 3, 2009, 5:24:08 PM4/3/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Travelling 335 km east you reach Angers.

tashimelampo

Apr 5, 2009, 4:51:13 PM4/5/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
203 Km. nord we reach Le Vivier- sur-Mer

©Bruno Tortarolo

Apr 5, 2009, 5:17:23 PM4/5/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Driving 32 km E and here we are to Mont Saint-Michel.

Daniela Brocca

Apr 5, 2009, 5:27:00 PM4/5/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I tought we have to travel max 200 km...

fabrizio.reale

Apr 6, 2009, 6:04:38 PM4/6/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
from Mont Saint Michel to Saint Malo (Bretagne) -> 37,8 km

tomorrow I'll update the first post with the journey

tashimelampo

Apr 7, 2009, 3:52:54 AM4/7/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Saint Malo we take a ship and desembark after 15.000Km. in India at Cochin

tashimelampo

Apr 14, 2009, 11:25:23 AM4/14/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Cochin heading south by road, 55 Km. we reach Aleppey, Kerala, India

tashimelampo

Apr 21, 2009, 11:51:47 AM4/21/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Alleppey sailing in the backwaters, 30 Km. east we arrive in Kottayam, Kerala

tashimelampo

Apr 22, 2009, 12:53:38 PM4/22/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Kottayam driving south 90 Km. we arrive in Quilon, Kerala

tashimelampo

Apr 24, 2009, 1:04:40 PM4/24/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Quilon driving 80 Km. south we reach Vizhinjam, Kerala

tashimelampo

Apr 29, 2009, 5:31:30 PM4/29/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Vizhinjam sailing 400 Km. south-east we landing at Negombo, Sri Lanka

tashimelampo

May 6, 2009, 10:02:42 AM5/6/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Negombo by bus 200 Km. N.East we arrive in Polonnarwa

Travel Photography

May 6, 2009, 4:12:10 PM5/6/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
In Polonnaruwa i´ve never been, but it seems to be a nice place for a day-trip :wink:
Take a bus down south, about 90 kilometers and you will arrive in Sri Lankas Highlands - Nuwara Eliya Area. This part of Sri Lanka is famous for Teaplanation and it won´t get warmer as about 22°C in the day.

tashimelampo

May 8, 2009, 9:07:16 AM5/8/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
After a good cup of tea, we take the bus from NuwaraEliya heading 70 Km. north we reach Katugastota and we take a bath with the elephants!

tashimelampo

May 18, 2009, 9:41:12 AM5/18/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
from Katugastota 10 Km.by bus, heading southwest we reach The Botanical garden of Peradeniya Sri Lanka

tashimelampo

May 22, 2009, 11:13:00 AM5/22/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Peradenya heading south 180 Km. by road we reach the harbour of Tangalla

tashimelampo

May 26, 2009, 4:45:42 AM5/26/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Tangalla sailing north 400 nautical miles we find the harbour of Mahabalipuram India

leolund

May 26, 2009, 12:18:19 PM5/26/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I see a boat ! time to get out of here, all the way to the Philippines

leolund

May 26, 2009, 12:22:10 PM5/26/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Landing on Sangat island.

tashimelampo

May 26, 2009, 4:46:58 PM5/26/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Sangat island sailing 1600 nautical miles South west we reach the Madura island, Indonesia

tashimelampo

May 29, 2009, 2:46:45 AM5/29/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sailing 20 nautical miles west we landing at Gresik, Java island, Indonesia

tashimelampo

May 30, 2009, 4:42:36 AM5/30/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Gresik 131 Km. by bus direction south-est we reach Bromo Vulcano

tashimelampo

Jun 7, 2009, 5:14:51 PM6/7/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Mt. Bromo by road 113 km. nord- west we reach the city harbour of Surabaya

tashimelampo

Jul 6, 2009, 4:51:09 PM7/6/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sailing 220 nautical miles s.east from Surabaya we landing at Serangan harbour, Bali, Indonesia

tashimelampo

Aug 2, 2009, 5:56:47 AM8/2/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Serangan heading 65 Km. north by bus, we reach Bratan Lake, Bali

tashimelampo

Sep 1, 2009, 4:40:50 PM9/1/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Bratan lake heading 45Km. north by Bus, we reach the city harbour of Singaraja, Bali

tashimelampo

Sep 17, 2009, 11:37:46 AM9/17/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Singaraja we take the boat and after 1300 nautical miles N.West we reach Lagudri on the island of Nias, N.Sumatra

tashimelampo

Sep 17, 2009, 12:02:23 PM9/17/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Lagudri we walk 10 Km. north and discover the old village of Bawamataluo, Nias, Indonesia

tashimelampo

Sep 26, 2009, 10:14:02 AM9/26/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Bawamataluo walking 8 Km. west we reach Hilisimaetano

tashimelampo

Oct 2, 2009, 5:11:57 PM10/2/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Hilisimaetano walking 3 Km. east we arrive at Orahili, Nias, Indonesia

JKMunich

Oct 4, 2009, 3:26:08 AM10/4/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Getting really bored of Asia we decide to make a long distance travel. We take a submarine ;-) and get out in the yacht harbour of Valencia (Spain).

tashimelampo

Nov 2, 2009, 4:48:32 AM11/2/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
from Valencia crossing the Mediterranean 800 n.miles South - east we land at Djerba-Tunisia

►►►edonx on the road

Nov 2, 2009, 6:43:33 AM11/2/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
from Djerba we cross in motorbike the Chott-el-Djerid (salt lake)-Tunisia

keepclicking

Nov 27, 2009, 1:33:26 PM11/27/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Lets kick start this again and keep it real and within the realms of possibility and the rules. Therefore, what better place to start but central Europe.

I give you the centre of Paris, Place de la concorde

tashimelampo

Nov 27, 2009, 4:18:00 PM11/27/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Chott-el-Djerid 150 Km. east we reach Metameur, Tunisia

keepclicking

Nov 29, 2009, 12:07:28 PM11/29/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
why hold the game up for nearly a month? i suspect these aren't your pics, but ebonx whos' sulking.

tashimelampo

Dec 14, 2009, 4:31:17 PM12/14/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Metameur heading 120 Km. north-east we reach the harbour of Houmt Souk

tashimelampo

Dec 29, 2009, 12:57:44 PM12/29/09
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
from Houmt Souk we cross the Mediterranean 1600 n.miles n.west and we land in the harbour of Aveiro, Portugal

JKMunich

Feb 18, 2010, 2:23:51 AM2/18/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
About 150 miles s. we are in Lisboa

Roberto Lo Savio

Feb 18, 2010, 2:33:08 AM2/18/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
We turn back to the north for about 200 km; now we are in Coimbra.

JKMunich

Feb 19, 2010, 3:01:58 AM2/19/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
We go south for about 300 miles; we are in Sagres

tashimelampo

Apr 7, 2010, 9:05:34 AM4/7/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
About 7000 N.miles East we land in the Ko Tapu island, Thailand

tashimelampo

May 6, 2010, 9:48:45 AM5/6/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sailing 540 N.Miles South-east we reach the harbour of Singapore

BWS's ghost

May 14, 2010, 3:01:00 AM5/14/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Let's sail around the world in a moment and see New York, the first visit to America in this game.

BWS's ghost

May 25, 2010, 1:11:04 AM5/25/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Time to sail from NYC, around New Jersey and up the Delaware River to the Ben Franklin Bridge, in Philadelphia (about 90 miles or 150km from NYC by car/air). It's another port city.

ghost of delete key

May 30, 2010, 10:08:54 PM5/30/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Philly, let's zoom northbound on the turnpike about 50 miles and stop in the quaint village of Perkasie, Pennsylvania.

BWS's ghost

Jun 9, 2010, 1:54:36 AM6/9/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Back to New York City and a visit to the U.N. Secretariat Building

BWS's ghost

Jun 12, 2010, 2:24:43 AM6/12/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
time to sail south to the port city of Miami, Florida

keepclicking

Aug 7, 2010, 5:39:46 AM8/7/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Lets try from Central Europe.

Paris

centaure38

Aug 16, 2010, 8:47:09 AM8/16/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Paris go West till the coast of Brittany in Auray

sylgab

Aug 24, 2010, 5:27:27 PM8/24/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
And then east to Colmar

indri

Aug 25, 2010, 10:41:03 AM8/25/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Colmar you can drive 200 Km. North-West to Ghent and visit this historical city.

keepclicking

Sep 8, 2010, 9:20:17 AM9/8/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Ghent we go North east to Amsterdam

AL1612

Sep 8, 2010, 9:25:04 AM9/8/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
from Amsterdam travel north to Medemblik and enjoy the evening at the Ijsselmmer

Piero Genova

Sep 15, 2010, 4:00:25 PM9/15/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
It’s time to travel south again… to Palermo (Sicily).

BWS's ghost

Sep 16, 2010, 12:09:01 AM9/16/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From an Italian port to an American port - Key West, Florida.

Since there's unlimited distance allowed between ports, feel free to zoom back to Europe in the next post ;)

AL1612

Sep 16, 2010, 5:03:05 PM9/16/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
take a nice cruise back to Europe and visit St. Peter Port, Guernsey

indri

Sep 25, 2010, 7:55:01 AM9/25/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Al1612, I'd like to join you on that cruise but my yacht is still anchored in Mauritius :lol:

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 25, 2010, 8:34:21 AM9/25/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
I've sailed back to the Channel Islands and landed on Herm Island- just a hop across the sea from St. Peter Port

tashimelampo

Nov 1, 2010, 6:05:34 PM11/1/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Herm Island we sail to Brest, France

keepclicking

Nov 7, 2010, 2:53:05 PM11/7/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Brest, we cross the channel to Portsmouth

Paul Strasser

Nov 7, 2010, 11:03:33 PM11/7/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Headed north and sailed into København before the winter becomes too serious

BWS's ghost

Nov 8, 2010, 1:50:00 AM11/8/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Still time for a quick sail across the Atlantic to Miami, Florida for the winter.
Well, at least for 1 post anyway - probably back to a European port by next post ;)

keepclicking

Nov 9, 2010, 5:55:35 PM11/9/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Just a tiny bit over 200Km me thinks Brian. :)

BWS's ghost

Nov 10, 2010, 1:45:34 AM11/10/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
You haven't read the rules, KC ;) Here's a copy of #3:

"3) To navigate the seas can be published pictures from a coastline to another one ( no km limit ). the photo of departure and arrival must be as topic coastal shots, port cities, harbour and similiar ."

otherwise, how would we ever get "around the world" with those big puddles everywhere?

You can't go straight back to Paris (you did another time I took this game to America) but London is a port city, isn't it? ... ;)

BWS's ghost

Nov 10, 2010, 1:57:48 AM11/10/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Let's sail thru the Panama canal to Sydney, Australia to make winter change into summer!

Entering Sydney harbor in the 1st visit to Australia in this game.

Paul Strasser

Nov 10, 2010, 4:10:35 AM11/10/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
In search of pristine wilderness and isolation we sail even further south to the island of Tasmania

keepclicking

Nov 10, 2010, 2:18:20 PM11/10/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting me right on the rules Brian. Based on that, and following Pauls latest submission, I will really push the boat out and go to another Island. Fyr's Island on the River Thames, Reading.

BWS's ghost

Nov 11, 2010, 2:35:27 AM11/11/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Now we're really moving! Let's sail back to Australia and see Shute Harbor (on the left) from the top of South Molle Island in the Whitsundays.

keepclicking

Nov 11, 2010, 3:00:54 AM11/11/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Rule '3' makes far more sense and gives the game a new purpose. The title needs changing though. Still, taking liberties still further. Potton Island.

Paul Strasser

Nov 12, 2010, 3:45:08 AM11/12/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
The Orient beckons, time to set sail. What better place to anchor than Thailand.

tashimelampo

Nov 12, 2010, 6:26:59 AM11/12/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sailing south we reach Mu Ko Ang Thong marine park, Thailand

BWS's ghost

Nov 15, 2010, 12:14:18 AM11/15/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Let's sail east today, to the island of Kauai in the Hawaiian chain.

Geoff Slack

Nov 15, 2010, 2:06:43 PM11/15/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
How about a nice cruise on the Queen Mary 2.
Back down the Eastern seaboard, through the Panama Canal and up the coast to Manhattan Island

New York, New York , "so good they named it twice" 8)

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Nov 15, 2010, 2:20:06 PM11/15/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
And back through the Panama Canal, crossing the Pacific to follow the French whalers to Akaroa Harbour on NZ's South Island

Paul Strasser

Nov 16, 2010, 5:50:53 AM11/16/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Skirting the South Pacific we head just north of the equator to a city that boasts cleanliness and safe streets, has opulence and a cuisine that is the envy of others; the wonderful Lion city – Singapore.

tashimelampo

Nov 18, 2010, 11:49:04 AM11/18/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sailing South East we reach the island of Madura, Indonesia

indri

Nov 22, 2010, 5:10:39 AM11/22/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
After a stay of nearly a week in Madura, we set sail to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam

keepclicking

Nov 22, 2010, 1:48:50 PM11/22/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Ha Long Bay in Vietnam, we go to Pevencey Bay in Sussex.

BWS's ghost

Nov 22, 2010, 5:57:11 PM11/22/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
>From Pevencey Bay in Sussex we sail to Australia (oh no, not again! ;o)

keepclicking

Nov 28, 2010, 7:47:47 AM11/28/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the enormous bounce back to the UK Brian, but......................

>From a shipwreck in OZ

to a shipwreck on the Leigh on Sea mud flats.

indri

Nov 28, 2010, 2:13:09 PM11/28/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Brrr, actually the U K is far too cold to capsize

in November I'll prefer to sink on a beach in the Indian Ocean :lol:

keepclicking

Dec 2, 2010, 4:51:43 AM12/2/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sunk in a dock in London

tashimelampo

Dec 16, 2010, 4:10:22 PM12/16/10
to panoramio-game...@googlegroups.com
Sailing sud west, we reach the Brest harbour, France

It is loading more messages.