System Reset/Restore

alexander.aleiner

Sep 23, 2019, 12:17:04 PM9/23/19
to Panma ORG.
Good Morning,

I'm having an issue with my computer. One of the auto driver updates, I figure, or something else, as caused my system (Windows 10) to reset/format everything and wipe out everything I've been working on and had saved (all of my photography and graphics). This happened sometime on Saturday, 9/21/19 between 12:30 AM and 10:30 AM. So I'm curious to know if uninstalling this specific driver update will be the solution to restoring my settings to the way they were on Friday night (and if so how to do that). I've also tried uninstalling the updates done on 9/21/19, doing a system restore, and so far I've been unsuccessful in restoring my computer to the way it had been this last Friday. This is the first time anything like this had happened in 5 years (since I've had this computer). So I'll want to know what the best action to take will be in order to retrieve all my work before doing anything else.
What do you think?
Thank you for any insight on this.

Sasha

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Sasha Aleiner

Sep 23, 2019, 1:53:03 PM9/23/19
to Panma ORG.
Nevermind, it looks like I've figured out the problem. The storage location had shifted from quick access to my user account folder.

Have a great week.

Sasha

Briana Morgan

Sep 23, 2019, 2:42:48 PM9/23/19
to Sasha Aleiner, Panma ORG.
I'm glad you figured it out, Sasha! Thanks for sharing - I've managed to avoid Windows 10 thus far, but this info may come in handy down the road. I hope the rest of your week goes a little more smoothly.

Briana