panini pro problem

rkem...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2013, 6:55:13 AM4/23/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I am new at this but I would like to start saying that I hope development of Panini Pro will pick up soon. It is an excelent tool fot both panoramic perspectives and also for creative purposes.

After my first tests with Panini 0.71 I installed Panini Pro and tried again. With this screenshot as a result. Can you help me please.

My system is a:
 i7 core processors
Vertex SSD harddisk
ATI Radon graphics card
running Win7 64 bit

Thanks

Rene Kempes

screen.jpg
system.jpg

Tom Sharpless

Apr 23, 2013, 8:20:38 AM4/23/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rene

Perhaps the source projection does not match your input image.  Panini recognizes cube maps and 2:1 equirectangular images; anything else you have to tell it what the source projection is.

Click the camera icon to get the source projection controls.  There are subsections for camera/lens projections and for ideal 'pano' projections. See if you can find settings that make the image look right.  Once you have found the right settings you can save them as a named preset.

Thanks for trying Panini-Pro.

-- Tom

rkem...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2013, 6:19:12 AM4/25/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your fast reply. I did a few tests but the results were the same. Both Panini 0.71 and Pro do work fine on a different i5 computer with a Nvidia card. AMD/ATI Radeon does not seem to use true OpenGL but have their own version as seen in this screenshot. I will send them an e-mail to see if they can help.

Rene

Op dinsdag 23 april 2013 12:55:13 UTC+2 schreef rkem...@gmail.com het volgende:
Radeon.jpg

Thomas Sharpless

Apr 25, 2013, 11:39:02 AM4/25/13
to Panini Support
That's odd.  I've run both on AMD cards with no such result.  Are you saying Panini 0.7 also looks funny on the new computer?  If not, I suggest you try changing the maximum texture size in Panini-Pro: click ? then "tune" and follow instructions.  Details in the manual.

Regards, Tom

rkem...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2013, 3:39:18 PM4/25/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
It is hard to grasp. Panini 0.71 works fine.
Changing the maximum texture size did not have any effect changing it up by 1000 in each step. Reaching between 6000 and 7000 I and upwards the error message is: loadtest image qimage failed.
I did find that the "Flat size as % of cube size" is not responding no matter what percentage I put in. A high percentage in combination with high values for texture size gives an error message of "incomplete FBO"
Now I can compare the i7 configuration with an i5.

Rene

Thomas Sharpless

Apr 25, 2013, 8:55:13 PM4/25/13
to Panini Support
Hi Rene
Evidently you have a nice big gpu.  Possibly P-P is conflicting with some latest and greatest video card feature. You might try to disable various advanced options with the video control panel and see if the picture improves.  However i agree that this is most likely an issue with the OpenGL API.

Could you describe the source image(s) you are testing with?
Do the P-P viewing controls change the displayed image in any consistent way?
Do you see the expected graphic overlays when you click  various buttons?

-- Tom

rkem...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2013, 9:23:43 AM4/26/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

It's probably the graphics card! Panini Pro works well when I use the onboard graphics card (Assus). When the computer starts up with the onboard card as start-up card Panini Pro works. But not when the ATI Radeon HD 5800 is the start-up card. My sytem has two identical Eizo screens and a Samsung HD television. For the moment I use the onboard card for one monitor and the other monitor and tv screen are connected to the ATI Radeon card. I am running Display Fusio as a screen manager.
I still get this warning when openeing Panini Pro: QGLShader::link: "no errors" twice.

With ATI Radeon as the main card I tried switching off and on diferent options, including Display Fusion. The problem remains.
Photo's in Panini Pro are responsive to almost all of the controls. botcyl and Cmpr seem to have a great effect on the distortion as seen on the example I mailed earlier.
Same goes for the controls in the camera dialog box.

My photo's are jpg's in different sizes. Also tif in 8 and 16 bit. Small and Large (8000x3000)
With this new configuration they all show up as they should.
So I think an e-mail to ATI is the next thing to do.

By the way. I am a Dutch photographer and I will be standing up front if you release the program.

Rene

Thomas Sharpless

Apr 26, 2013, 9:36:25 AM4/26/13
to Panini Support
Hi Rene
Hmmm, does look like a problem with ATI's OpenGL support, perhaps the compiler for shader programs (which is part of the video card driver) interprets my code differently.  Do you get the "no link error" messages with both cards, or just the ATI?
-- Tom

rkem...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2013, 10:14:44 AM4/26/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com

No. This is the onboard graphics card: Intel(R) HD graphics 3000.
In the Bios I gave it 1024 Mb workspace.

René Kempes

Sep 21, 2013, 5:45:06 AM9/21/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

Just by coincidence I found that Panini Pro in combination with AMD/ATI graphics card works when you open a 360 panorama as six separate photo's. That is great since I do like to use Panini Pro without having to switch to a onboard graphics card all the time. I do the conversion in PTgui.

René

Thomas Sharpless

Sep 22, 2013, 1:22:37 PM9/22/13
to Panini Support
Thanks, René
Panini-Pro can load somewhat larger panoramas as cube faces than as equirectangulars, because cube maps can be processed using somewhat less graphics card resources (even though a cube map has more total pixels than an equirectangular of the same resolution).

Before too long (9 months?) I hope to release a new Panini-Pro that can handle really big panoramas.

-- Tom

René Kempes

Oct 8, 2013, 4:05:39 PM10/8/13
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I am not the only one that is looking foward to the program. If you are into architecturaal photography it is an amzing tool. There are some fellow photogrpher in our group who are interested too.

René