Beta 4 not running

Steven McQuinn

Feb 9, 2015, 9:12:51 PM2/9/15
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Installed beta 4 onto my Win7 64 bit. Went through the compatibility troubleshooter to reinstall as 32 bit compatible. Clicking on the program icon, I get the message, libiconv-2.dll missing. Found this dll on the web and put it in the folder with the exe, no result at all. Put the dll in the system32 folder, no result at all. Is beta 4 incompatible with Win7 64?

Have you thought about developing a Panini FX plugin for general use with video apps? I have Sony Vegas Pro.

Tom Sharpless

Feb 9, 2015, 10:50:32 PM2/9/15
to panini-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the inconvenience, I did forget to put libiconv-2.dll in the distribution package.  Best bet is to copy it from a (32 bit) Windows distribution of ffmpeg.  You probably should install ffmpeg anyhow, if you work with video. It is on all my machines, that's why I did not notice the omission.

Panini-Video does not need any  "installation".  When win7 fusses about "program may not have installed properly", don't panic -- just click "program installed properly"
I suggest you delete any folders created during your attempted installation and re-run the installer.

Nicolas Nicolas

Oct 25, 2022, 5:00:43 PM10/25/22
to Panini Support
hi everybody

i would like now if a new version of PANINI PRO is starting
is a great soft
domaged if no actualisate

nicolas ( french users)

Tom Sharpless

Oct 25, 2022, 5:16:40 PM10/25/22
to Panini Support
I would also like to see Panini-Pro and Panini-Video updated.  But I don't have the time or money to do that.
Andrew Hazelden has suggested that I  could be paid something to convert them to open source projects so that others can continue the development.
That is a very nice idea, and I would be willing to do it for $1500 -- I estimate it would take me 2-3 weeks full time.
So if any of you guys want to organize or contribute to that fund, let me  or Andrew know.