Re: Water For All ! Digest for pani-haq-samiti@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Sitaram Shelar

Nov 17, 2016, 11:17:55 PM11/17/16
to pani-ha...@googlegroups.com

Developments in the campaign of #PaniHaqSamiti post announcement of #PaniPilaoAbhiyan

Today Pani Haq Samiti members had a fruitful meeting with Hydraulic Engineer Mr. Tawadia and his team. Sathi Abrar bhai from Jai Bhim nagar, Nitin kubal from Transforming M ward project-TISS , Shanti Harijan and Sangeeta ji from Darukhana-MbPT, Ajma shaikh from Mahrashtra Nagar, Geeta ji from Janata nagar-Mandala and Sitaram Shelar attended as Pani Haq Samiti.

Highlights of the meeting:

1. The officials of the water department expressed their willingness to work towards #Water4all.

2. Currently people applying for a water connection need to get an approval stamp from a licensed plumber before submitting the application. The licensed plumber charges upwards of Rs. 1000 for the approval.
The H.E. assured PHS that applications will be accepted without the approval which will be facilitated by water department officials at each ward office.

3. People living on MbPT land for more than 20 years still do not have access to legal water.
The H.E. informed PHS that the tender for a pipeline to MbPT has been approved. Following clearance from MoEF (likely in 2-3 months) the pipeline and water will reach Darukhana and adjacent communities.

4. As regards riders in the new Water Supply Policy, against distribution of water to pavement dwellers, the HE informed PHS that water would be supplied through stand pumps.

Tomorrow, the General body of MCGM will decide on access to water to all. We believe that decision will be positive. If not PHS is ready to continue the struggle for recognition of our Constitutional Rights.

In solidarity,

Sitaram Shelar <sitaram...@gmail.com>: Nov 16 09:38PM +0530

साथी 11 नवंबर को हुई पानी हक़ समिति के बैठक का अहवाल अपने साथी विजय खरात जी
ने लिखा है। आप जरूर पढ़ें।

आपका साथी
सिताराम

Deliberation and debate is the way you stir the soul of our democracy. - Jesse Jackson
Sitaram Shelar

9833252472